May 30, 2014
Wilmington NC
Detector(s) used
Nox 700;
Past: Nox 600; CTX; CZ21; Excal II; White's DF;
920i Stealth Scoop
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is going to more than likely wreck the beaches where I live. I will be out a lot next week...but for now I am worried about my house haha. We are leaving tomorrow on a planned vacation so I should be 3 hours inland when it hits. We were supposed to leave later in the week but decided we should get out before the rush late thurs/fri. Just hoping it stays at a Cat 2 or lower when it does hit or just goes out to sea. I love hurricanes for the surf and detecting but hate when they hit. I guess its what I get for living at the beach. My house is about 1.5 miles inland and 20ft above sea level so my main concern is really the wind.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you kcm, I'm from Texas too and now live in Japan and remember my sister praying for a storm to come through to bring some rain a few years ago. Even here in Tropical Okinawa, The Typhoons are needed to cool down the water for the reefs in the summer, if the water gets too hot for too long the reefs start to bleach and die, We also need rain for our reservoirs here. Storms are natures air cleaners too.
Did two 9 months TDY tours at Kadena in 1968-1971, there 9 months, states 6 months then back to Kadena for another 9 months. It was called Koza City then, called Okinawa City now. Had a great time in Okinawa...!!!

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having been through several storms, including Ivan and Opal, I would not stay if I lived on the east coast. I'd be looking to get at least 40 miles inland.

NC_Fishbone

Tenderfoot
Sep 20, 2016
Eastern NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will be my first opportunity to hunt a beach after a storm, this will also be my first beach hunt!
Although its not supposed to hit NC beaches too hard.
My prayers are going up to those south of me

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow TH, You were here before me" I don't feel so old now, I was here first in 77 and like you back and forth for the last 40 years. Still have Koza here, but its within Okinawa City now. BC Street and Gate 2 street have change a lot too. Boy, it was rocking back in the 70's. 11_3_gate_2_fest.jpg 8543758872_94f51372d3_z.jpg

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did two 9 months TDY tours at Kadena in 1968-1971, there 9 months, states 6 months then back to Kadena for another 9 months. It was called Koza City then, called Okinawa City now. Had a great time in Okinawa...

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

yep T_H, Okinawa is a neat place, Loved the pretty girls......but of course !!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow TH, You were here before me" I don't feel so old now, I was here first in 77 and like you back and forth for the last 40 years. Still have Koza here, but its within Okinawa City now. BC Street and Gate 2 street have change a lot too. Boy, it was rocking back in the 70's. View attachment 1367342 View attachment 1367343

It was wild when I was there, spent a lot of time in BC street area, about every 3rd building on gate 2 street was a night club.

After midnight you had to enter the bars through hidden doors, they were suppose to close at midnight but stayed open till dawn and anything went on, the intertainment and stage acts were wild and crazy. I left Kadena in March of 1971 for the last time..

Would like to visit Okinawa again...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was wild when I was there, spent a lot of time in BC street area, about every 3rd building on gate 2 street was a night club.

After midnight you had to enter the bars through hidden doors, they were suppose to close at midnight but stayed open till dawn and anything went on, the intertainment and stage acts were wild and crazy. I left Kadena in March of 1971 for the last time..

Would like to visit Okinawa again...

I would like some details of the "stage acts" please :P

:)

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Place like that sounds like dangerous...

Could wake up with a tattoo of a transvestite on your chest.

Which requires further tattooing immediately. :P

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like some details of the "stage acts" please [emoji14]

:)
No can do, family friendly forum..[emoji12]

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I was stationed in Hakata for training 6/69 to 9/69 and then to Naha, Okinawa to a special forces survival school for a month prior to taking the vacation in VN. I didn't get to see anything in Okinawa that I remember, but my time in Hakata introduced me to the virtues of oriental ladies.

Walking the streets in Fukuoka, I kinda stood out from the natives with my red hair. I was hated by the men - they still remembered the war. The bar girls were friendly...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
asia the men hate you.... the ladies like your money ..and size

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
storm site ; windytv.com try it everyone

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The curfew has been lifted in Orange county. The bridges and causeways to Cocoa and Brevard barrier islands were closed and water cut off. In Flagler A1A is washed out.
Does anyone know if the B-line and A1A south to Sebastian are open and passable??

Just came over the wire, all causeways open in Brevard except 520 into Cocoa ( where the hospital is )

Volusia curfew still on, you will be arrested if on the road.

Last edited:

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
storm site ; windytv.com  try it everyone

Sleepy

Jan 20, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX White's Spectrum XLT, 2 Fisher CZ21's, 2 Tesoro Compadre's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
storm site ; windytv.com* try it everyone

That is an awesome website. Thanks for sharing that info. Had never heard of it before.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh my my....takes me back to the good old days. I did alot of detecting on Okinawa. Lots of coin and jewelry shooting on White beach, Kadina marina and Tori station and then Kadina Bomb dump for war relics. Went thru a Super typhoon while stationed there as well. Not fun and for those who opt to stay in the path of a hurricane here in the states? My heart does not bleed for them.

Ammoman

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2015
NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Nokta Impact, Tesoro Compadre..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow TH, You were here before me" I don't feel so old now, I was here first in 77 and like you back and forth for the last 40 years. Still have Koza here, but its within Okinawa City now. BC Street and Gate 2 street have change a lot too. Boy, it was rocking back in the 70's. View attachment 1367342 View attachment 1367343
The above post was supposed to be a reply to this

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread