HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x and a shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a small civil war trash pit this afternoon in Stafford that produced my first eagle breast-plate of the year along with two bullets and a eagle button and a iron buckle.. Had to move a big cw barrel loop out of the way and got down about 2 feet and hit all the relics in the same pocket. Lot of broken glass and iron signals all within about 5 feet wide in the hole. Plan on digging the rest of it out this weekend - if anything else is still there... i may not have hit the main pocket yet in the trash pit so still lot of digging to do... The eagle plate is kinda bent down on the bottom, pretty typical damage for a hutsite or trash pit plate..

Meant to put in "trash pit produces eagle plate" not " hut site"

Attachments

• P9180013.JPG
    P9180013.JPG
    724 KB · Views: 251
Upvote 9

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Casper... I can always count on you for a entertaining picture.. i like the vintage one you posted of everyone clapping in a theater, it was on another post a couple days ago.. can you post that one too..

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like dreaming of Confederate plates :D but trust me any Union plate makes my day even if it is just a standard general service union breast-plate... Getting kinda sick of these eagle buttons though, i need a good state button soon : )

Will take any CW buttons off your hands that you are sick of. I'm just thoughtful that way.

OP
OP
HutSiteDigger

HutSiteDigger

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2012
Stafford,Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will take any CW buttons off your hands that you are sick of. I'm just thoughtful that way.

Get on up here to Stafford, i'm surprised you can find CW relics out there in the Northern Neck.. I dug a eagle (c) button a few years back with my dad out in the Northern Neck and i was stunnnnned. You just don't see much CW relics out there in the Neck past Westmoreland.. Hey in about a month I got permission to hunt this really awesome spot out in Lancaster, that i have been researching, that was a War of 1812 camp and also the British bombarded the spot...

If you want to tag along let me know - the land is pretty big about 150 acres.. I plan on dropping off two of my digging buddies @ the first gate, then if you want I can drive you to the back side of the property drop you off there, then I will drive to the third gate and then we just hunt the spot til we find where the camp supposedly was on this map...

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
14C.gif 14C.gif YOU DESERVE IT !

I GOT THIS ONE TOO - DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS FROM?
14B.gif

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to travel 4+ hours to CW sites haha. Those are for special occasions. There was no CW action in the my area. Although I did find a random three ringer in the woods the other day. That was a huge shock. Happy hunting and good luck!

Keep your hopes up, you mind find a great relic in your area. I've found CW relics on sites that have had no known CW activity. I've found a belt plate and two eagle breast plates that way. I guess the vets went home after the war, and lost the pieces once they got home.

parsonwalker

Bronze Member
Feb 16, 2013
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Get on up here to Stafford, i'm surprised you can find CW relics out there in the Northern Neck.. I dug a eagle (c) button a few years back with my dad out in the Northern Neck and i was stunnnnned. You just don't see much CW relics out there in the Neck past Westmoreland.. Hey in about a month I got permission to hunt this really awesome spot out in Lancaster, that i have been researching, that was a War of 1812 camp and also the British bombarded the spot...

If you want to tag along let me know - the land is pretty big about 150 acres.. I plan on dropping off two of my digging buddies @ the first gate, then if you want I can drive you to the back side of the property drop you off there, then I will drive to the third gate and then we just hunt the spot til we find where the camp supposedly was on this map...

I'd do that. Give me a holler when you know a date. I'm in. Thanks for the invite and I look forward to meeting the famous digger . . . !

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice plate! can't wait to see what else comes out of that hole!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread