Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They were on the ''free table'' at the dump . I looked at them , then I started checking out other junk , then a lady started looking at them , I got nervous , she passed them up , so I grabbed the box . The letters are 8 inches tall and were all wrapped in newspaper .

I think they may be from our local movie theater , they installed an electric marquee on main street a few years ago .

Attachments

• PDR_5423.JPG
    PDR_5423.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 176
  • PDR_5424.JPG
    PDR_5424.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 147
  • PDR_5425.JPG
    PDR_5425.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 143
OP
OP
mojjax

mojjax

Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plastic , with threaded metal bolts on the backs .

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know they sell single letters at Hobby Lobby and other such stores. In my experience, people like to buy the first letter of their family name or business name etc. to display on a bookcase or what have you. For example, my sis has a rustic wooden letter 'V' (her married name) as a focal point on a shelf with family photos. I think the fact that these letters of yours have history and are not imported chain-store merchandise will make them more attractive to potential buyers. True vintage = $. Nothing more disappointing than spotting a great rustic piece and flipping it over to find a Big Lots sticker with a barcode. :(

Last edited:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing more disappointing than spotting a great rustic piece and flipping it over to find a Big Lots sticker with a barcode. :(

I saw someone advertising carnival type pop up shooting target game as antique on facebook. I almost spewed at the picture with a barcode on the side of the box.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw someone advertising carnival type pop up shooting target game as antique on facebook. I almost spewed at the picture with a barcode on the side of the box.

Technically it could be "vintage" barcodes were invented in 1974 that is 43 years ago.

That was a good year for me, I was a cruiseship photographer. What a job. Ever watch the Love Boat?

SDIceMan

Nov 12, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a perfect example of what we were talking about! An aged cloisonné bowl caught my eye in the thrift this afternoon...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494979317.125861.jpg

What do I see when I flip it over?

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1494979384.577953.jpg
A triple dose of thrifting disappointment - Big Lots/barcode sticker AND a terrible discount off of retail AND pricing written directly on the item.

Edit: I know that half off of retail is a fair discount, but it just seems somehow less impressive when the original price is $5.99

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread