Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar

Attachments

• DSCF1025.JPG
    DSCF1025.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 299
Love the spoons! Saw a show the other night about a WV couple who have a successful spoon business, but can't remember where in WV the were.

Thanks for showing us!

COUNTRY GIRL said:
Great job! I love them all. What kind of woods are you using? Thats some talent there. :thumbsup:
Cherry , maple , walnut , ash , hickory , hackleberry .

Mental Granny said:
Those are very pretty ..... I do like them! Which is your favorite wood?
My choice is walnut . Old Dog chose a red oak to fit the colors of his and Cathy's kitchen . Bottom line is making a spoon that will stir food and not break when you got to beat a kid .

No kid at home to beat ;D But I love to use my wood spoon when cooking its not great but I still like it! Sometimes I think its some kind of polymer instead though, but its still better then plastic or metal

mcgearhead said:
Just curious, is it wood that you find out in the wild ?
Guess you could say so ......I live on a large farm and harvest firewood from down timber . What looks interesting gets processed further . I'm running about 50% on what makes a spoon and what ends up heating my house from the failures .
Red(piss)elm was one of those failures .

mcgearhead said:
truckinbutch said:
mcgearhead said:
Just curious, is it wood that you find out in the wild ?
Guess you could say so ......I live on a large farm and harvest firewood from down timber . What looks interesting gets processed further . I'm running about 50% on what makes a spoon and what ends up heating my house from the failures .
Red(piss)elm was one of those failures .

Ok cool ! Anyway Those looked really cool, and kinda gave me an idea on something !
Go with it ! If you can get it in your mind your hands will follow . Everything I make is freehand with nothing but an end result in mind .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back