56.9 KB · Views: 90
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 97
Upvote 0

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Hi Pete! I hope you are well. Can you tell me what kind of points those two are. They are nice and thin. Thanks for the view!

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Pine Tree point. The other one looks like a Meadow-wood point......Both very nice examples....................GTP

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Pete! I hope you are well. Can you tell me what kind of points those two are. They are nice and thin. Thanks for the view!
I would have thought the one was a palmer mabe even a hardaway palmer.:icon_scratch: I'd like to here what others think about the two.I can tell you that they both were found here on the coast of N.C. Outerbanks.
Take Care,
Pete,:hello:

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have thought the one was a palmer mabe even a hardaway palmer.:icon_scratch: I'd like to here what others think about the two.I can tell you that they both were found here on the coast of N.C. Outerbanks.
Take Care,

Look at its form. That piece is screaming pine tree. A palmer is typically not serrated. At least I have never seen one. I was leaning on Green Briar for the larger one but then saw the other pic of it and it has the tones of the Meadow-wood blade.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Take Care,

Here is one style of the pine tree point. Looks like your point..............GTP

Indian Artifacts, Arrowheads: Auth. Tenn. Arrowhead (08/09/2007)...

Look at its form. That piece is screaming pine tree. A palmer is typically not serrated. At least I have never seen one. I was leaning on Green Briar for the larger one but then saw the other pic of it and it has the tones of the Meadow-wood blade.

OP
OP
timekiller

timekiller

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2009
Morehead City / Newport NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Man for your thought's.I'm not saying your wrong.I just try to stick with what normally would be found here.I really like your in put.But they made serrrated kirk stemmed bifurcated point's,amos,bolen bevel,charston pine tree,fountian creek,palmer,hardaway palmer,taylor,& van lott.All found here in N.C..
Take Care,

Check here................. http://www.archaeology.ncdcr.gov/uwharrie/oliver25.html

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After looking over those kirk serrated points it is very close. I still feel like that one may be typed a pine tree......................Nice find either way...........GTP

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Makes me regret not artifact hunting all the times I went to Buxton when I was younger to go surfing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread