Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If stating the truth is an insult, then I'm guilty as charged. And thank you, for suggesting others read my posts. I felt it a little vain to ask them myself.

Truth isn't a problem, and I won't say you are always wrong. What I will say, and an honest mod would spot it, is that you don't know how to express your opinion without being insulting to other members.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey all,
I like a scab pickin party as much as the next guy.
This forum has better possibilities for education and camaraderie though.
More so for the new to mystery of history folks with a puzzle.

Go discreet with conflict and keep those looking for help in mind.
Or don't.
I'm here to gain perspective ,and more rarely try to encourage the curious. Opinions vary and add more than any one opinion. Specially mine.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey all,
I like a scab pickin party as much as the next guy.
This forum has better possibilities for education and camaraderie though.
More so for the new to mystery of history folks with a puzzle.

Go discreet with conflict and keep those looking for help in mind.
Or don't.
I'm here to gain perspective ,and more rarely try to encourage the curious. Opinions vary and add more than any one opinion. Specially mine.

Morning! Don't worry, this thread won't last long before getting removed or locked to preserve the lady's honor.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth isn't a problem, and I won't say you are always wrong. What I will say, and an honest mod would spot it, is that you don't know how to express your opinion without being insulting to other members.

Are you insinuating the mods are dis-honest?

Chadeaux, please don't take this the wrong way, but perhaps the mods might say you imagined insult where there was none, maybe have a sore spot?

Either way, you can continue to denigrate, or become part of the solution. How do we guard against self delusion, and fanaticism, which are the only way I know how to describe what occurred.... everyone else is invited to check it out and make their own opinion. No insults intended.

So, can you be part of the solution? Or continue adding to the problem.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning! Don't worry, this thread won't last long before getting removed or locked to preserve the lady's honor.

Too bad I cheer you both.

One of these days ,I'll get a major rock sign or scratchin right and follow more to rainbows end.
Then I can sing Frankie's" my way" before realizing it was not all from learning things on my own without varied opinions. Even from those who politely disagree.

Till then I'll keep fanning away....Swish,swish..
Varied ideas filtered through my own are different than their original sources. Sources are good. Even varied ones that are very different. For different reasons.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
... Better yet, if someone offers an explanation you don't agree with, why not ask WHY they believe that is the way it works? YOU might see things through a different lens than previously ... and might learn something from these great unwashed masses. ...

Dude, you're making way more of this thing than it deserves. Your group has made extraordinary claims which haven't and likely won't be verified - that's all there is to it. People can support you or not, based on their wont. I for one don't, for reasons stated. If a public forum's format doesn't suit your needs, then as Ditlihi suggested, maybe you guys should start a blog where you can control things.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I was walking a trail out at the park one afternoon, when I saw a guy sitting on his butt slowly sliding down the hill and just several feet from a 30 foot dropoff. He couldn't see what he was doing because he had his head extended out as far as he could, trying to see what was in front of him. The part of the bluff he was sitting on was covered with leaves and a slipping hazard. I told him to stop where he was and I asked him what he was doing. He said he was trying to get to the bottom of the canyon. I told him if he moved any further, he was going to get to the bottom real fast. I advised him to move carefully back up the hill and get back on the trail where he could walk 100 feet to some stairs. The guy looked like he was in his thirtys so he should have not put himself in that situation. By stopping him and giving him advice, I interfered with his plans. He decided to take my advice and probably saved himself from a lot of pain and maybe even death. Was I wrong to interfere? Should I have just walked on and let him execute his plan? In situations where somebody's "plan" might involve injury or death, I think the responsible thing to do is give that person a heads up about any consequences of his actions.

I've seen a few city people who can't figure out how to pick their nose when they're out in the sticks. Not all Tnet readers are seasoned outdoorsmen or treasure hunters.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I was walking a trail out at the park one afternoon, when I saw a guy sitting on his butt slowly sliding down the hill and just several feet from a 30 foot dropoff. He couldn't see what he was doing because he had his head extended out as far as he could, trying to see what was in front of him. The part of the bluff he was sitting on was covered with leaves and a slipping hazard. I told him to stop where he was and I asked him what he was doing. He said he was trying to get to the bottom of the canyon. I told him if he moved any further, he was going to get to the bottom real fast. I advised him to move carefully back up the hill and get back on the trail where he could walk 100 feet to some stairs. The guy looked like he was in his thirtys so he should have not put himself in that situation. By stopping him and giving him advice, I interfered with his plans. He decided to take my advice and probably saved himself from a lot of pain and maybe even death. Was I wrong to interfere? Should I have just walked on and let him execute his plan? In situations where somebody's "plan" might involve injury or death, I think the responsible thing to do is give that person a heads up about any consequences of his actions.

I've seen a few city people who can't figure out how to pick their nose when they're out in the sticks. Not all Tnet readers are seasoned outdoorsmen or treasure hunters.
Well. At least you did not offer to hold his wallet...

Not coming right out and asking....might have reduced learning about an item of interest on a site.

A previous land owner ( as much as a person can "own" land ) from 3 transactions past , yet an adjacent resident all along was a source of brief contact and questions.
Yesterday I found where he has been since spring.....not good.

Any way ,my communication makes bluntly broaching a subject a laborious process of not bringing it up..( yelling at some one being ..foolish is no problem though) so I still want to know what he knows/ knew about a site within the sight.
Could be he created it a loong time ago. But parts existed before he did.. Ahh well. Just in case you might think eye ain't keepin an I out.

nmth

Oct 11, 2012
NM/AZ
Detector(s) used
V3(i), ATX, uMax, Gold Bug, TM808, Custom
If *I* was a sentinel

If *I* was a sentinel, then I would post a lot of material on TNET claiming to have the perfect way of finding huge hidden treasures. I'd especially focus on methods that keep you from passing more than 10 rocks on the way from your car before finding a "vault" and stopping - that way you never get out there far enough or develop critical thinking skills sufficient to see REAL signs once you finally stumble across them. Oh yeah, and never, ever, provide any reasoning behind the method, just keep repeating that "it works" - whatever "it" is. Finally, when faced with lines of critical inquiry, honest or otherwise: Burn the witch!

(Ironically, this whole sentinel concept as a modern-day reality does not pass a logical "sniff test" to me - unless of course it comes with 401k and health insurance, and then sign me up!) :headbang:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dude, you're making way more of this thing than it deserves. Your group has made extraordinary claims which haven't and likely won't be verified - that's all there is to it. People can support you or not, based on their wont. I for one don't, for reasons stated. If a public forum's format doesn't suit your needs, then as Ditlihi suggested, maybe you guys should start a blog where you can control things.

I like that, "Your group" ... not me. You've likely never met anyone as independent as me.

Let's just say I'm a professional hunter. It requires reasoning out why a human being would do something, and where that human being is today. I'm fairly good at it. :cool:

Sandy1 has actually used some very intelligent and sound investigative techniques.

The information is there if you want it, if not just ignore it. No skin off your nose if you just leave it alone.

However, I can't avoid this any longer.

You guys who want to be so critical and insulting (demanding others show what they've found and how) and Sandy1 is too just too nice to say it. Fortunately, I'm not that nice.

PUT UP OR SHUT UP!

SHOW ME WHAT YOU FOUND AND WHAT BROUGHT YOU THERE.

You skeered?

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And fortunately, this thread is not about you, as hard as you try to make it so.

I asked you earlier in this thread, do you want to be part of the solution, or just continue the degradation. Your choice is self evident.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
And fortunately, this thread is not about you, as hard as you try to make it so.

I asked you earlier in this thread, do you want to be part of the solution, or just continue the degradation. Your choice is self evident.

Ditlihi, you and your bud demanded of other members: "where's your proof".

Well, now you guys can show your proof of what you know ... if you have any.

I think you are just as delusional as you accuse these other members of the forum of being. You know, a "bit of looking in the mirror"?

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And you are welcome to your opinion. Good for you.

I think you may be laboring under a misconception here. No one ever said you had to show anything. We just said that without physical evidence for the claims, you have no proof. We do have the right to not believe. And so do you. The only claim I made is the one I just stated.... Without physical evidence you have no proof.

From your comment alluding to an "investigative" personal profession, then you should already know this.

If I'm delusional for not believing something that can't or won't be proven....then so be it. Knock yourself out, make all the degrading remarks and false accusations you want. It still won't make me believe it. And it will only reflect back on You.

I stand by my statements, and invite anyone who wants to, to review my posts...forum wide...and come to their own conclusions. You might benefit from doing so, yourself.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

dog, you did the right thing, IMO.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
... The information is there if you want it, if not just ignore it. No skin off your nose if you just leave it alone...

Yeah, maybe you're right. After all, we poo-pooed that misunderstood Nigerian prince who was trying so hard for so long to give away all that money. Now it seems they recovered $43,000,000 in cash in an empty apartment in Lagos. That poor prince probably died suffering from the same kind of angst as you seem to be. "Why won't they believe? All I want to do is make them rich." Geez, the prince just wanted our bank account numbers to send the cash to, and we didn't respond. Bad on us, huh?

$43 Million In Cash Found In Empty Nigerian Apartment | Zero Hedge

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chadeaux, You need to realize some things. 1. A lot of times things are said and they are taken the wrong way. Without the other input such as facial expressions, tone, inflection etc. It's easy to get the wrong meaning out of something typed here. Sad to say, a lot of people really feel empowered behind a keyboard, they'll type something they'd never say to your face. A wise man told long ago, your opinion is just that YOUR opinion.

I'm probably going to tee most of you all off here. None of us are experts in this stuff! All of us are just basically guessing, assuming & speculating on this. Why do I say there isn't an expert among us? An expert = a person that knows everything there is to know about a subject or process. Do any of us qualify? Take care out there & let's all learn from each other! There's tons of info to share when all the bickering doesn't derail the thread.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

Huh. I missed that. Not sure I even read any posts on the thread. Must be a reason ,besides no interest in entering a vault. ( Should such be required,so too would be a victim...err ,volunteer.)

A broad cross section of posters with a T.H. site.
Some are ..... While others make any potential disappointment well worth it.

Tell ya what ...one poster here spent many winter nights sharing information about areas and subjects of great interest near enough that a new perspective struck me.
Light shown on facts and documentation that left me dizzy.

Why was that info shared???
I can say it was not for selfish reasons, but genuine interest and free sourcing with sincerity without compromising intent.

It is disheartening when someone takes a different approach ....and there is nothing wrong with being taciturn on some personal projects but one member here left me an attitude that puts all the negative approach to TH. ng separate. Not focused on or accepted within the network of those seeking more than just a " score".

Not exposed on my sleeve but always in the quiet nearby is that members quite determined attitude that learning about interests and related findings and helping others who are sincere about more than $$$ alone is a dimension worth being in.
Those who miss that are simply water off a ducks back.

I know of a sentinel. Not what was expected in one, as far as the romantic/ near fictional image. But pretty good at not allowing vultures to poop on a site.

That was a good post, RC. I don't know if anybody has ever told you this before, but your writing style is poetic. There was a lady that used to post on Tnet who went by Desertmoons, she had the same talent.

I'm glad you have posted on this thread.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
You might say that I was born a sentinel, ie, one on the watch. Looking back, my life's story has been unlikely even by my own standards, but one underlying theme has always guided me: get to the truth of things - not the crowd controlling book answers, but the under-the-hood truth, if possible.

My formal training was in solving problems. It's come in handy. My life experiences have taught me a lot about human nature. That's been even handier.

One phase of my life was a consuming involvement in treasure hunting. As with most things, it was a surprise that I didn't ask for, but it led to the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on. As a sentinel in the realm of treasure hunting - as well in all aspects of life - any responsibility I've felt to others has always been clear to me. I offer the same advice to seekers of all things: understand what you believe and why you believe it. The demands I've set for myself have been stringent. Your requirements will vary.

You can review some or all of my previous posts on this forum. In many cases, folks have told me that I've provided helpful, factual advice. You'll find thoughtful alternative treasure-related theories that I've offered as food for thought too. You'll also find instances where I've posted contrarian views on popular dogma, or challenged unsupported claims being passed off as undeniable truth. When challenging others' wild claims, I've been accused of being a paid shill, a government mole, a secret society propagandist, a Vatican agent, a satanist and other colorful characters. Some of those jobs sound like fun, but I must confess a weakness here: I kind of enjoy gigging those kinds of posters just to see how delusional they can get. Well, rest assured, readers - when you're sneaking around in the hills, you won't have to worry about me watching you through a rifle scope. Trust me ... heh, heh, heh ...

Sdcfia, in my opinion, you've done more than most to offer advice and encouragement to the Tnet members. If anybody doesn't believe that, check out Sdc's posts. Quinoa mentioned Sdc's book. In my opinion, Sdc's book is going to replace the black book as the go to book for "organization" related study. Information in his book opened up a whole new world of study for me.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
One needs to look at the whole body of Ditlihi's comments, not just this thread.

Both here and in the KGC forum, insults towards other members. The problem is the other members don't understand that she should be allowed to discredit everything they say, but they are not to respond to her in any manner other than apologetically.

Some members here don't understand that it is okay for Ditlihi and Sdcfia to insult, call into question into question both one's intelligence and motives, or otherwise insult.

These same members also do not understand that it is wrong for them to respond in kind to these individuals.

We must learn to accept whatever insults and accusations, regardless of their actual veracity, as being gospel ... spoken through some "all knowing divine being".

Sorry, their self righteous attitude doesn't wash with me.

If something doesn't work, why not explain why it is incorrect WITHOUT being condescending? What good is it to say, "That's Wrong!!!", if you can't or won't explain WHY?

Better yet, if someone offers an explanation you don't agree with, why not ask WHY they believe that is the way it works? YOU might see things through a different lens than previously ... and might learn something from these great unwashed masses.

I guess it's just so much easier to insult and degrade other members.

EDIT: When posted realized that I had misspelled a word. Fixed. was > wash

Hi Chadeaux,

Ditlihi and sdcfia didn't start the name calling in Sandy's thread, I did. Here's a link to Sandy's thread. Check out posts 343-351.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...-specifically-relate-finding-treasure-23.html

Sandy and I are ok and I have contributed to his thread, but my post seems to have gotten things going.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sdcfia, in my opinion, you've done more than most to offer advice and encouragement to the Tnet members. If anybody doesn't believe that, check out Sdc's posts. Quinoa mentioned Sdc's book. In my opinion, Sdc's book is going to replace the black book as the go to book for "organization" related study. Information in his book opened up a whole new world of study for me.

Well, thanks for the complements dog, but I can't take credit for the "organization" material in that book. That credit rightfully belongs to those from whom I learned. There are many capable folks digging deep into the KGC topic, and they all owe a great deal to Del Schrader.

Actually, it's me who owes you for turning me on to your own discoveries - an intriguing web of evidence that clearly demonstrates the genius and influence of the organization and the linking of most of the treasure legends we're familiar with. No blind faith required, just lots of tedious work to replicate a result that should be obvious to anyone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions