d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They are reproducing faster than I can catch or kill 'em. But I caught another one last night, where I thought I would catch the sows and all the little ones.
Another boar hog but he doesnt weigh but about 125 pounds. And quit the vicous little man. I never could get a picture of him while he was trying to get to me thru the fence. But he was. This one is gonna be sausage. Also caught him in a bigger and different type pen...d2

Attachments

• DSC03002.JPG
    DSC03002.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 539
  • DSC03007.JPG
    DSC03007.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 551
OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Arkansas...d2

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Going hog wild :wink: sorry bad joke....aa

SouthArk

Mar 23, 2005
South-Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Detector Pro Pirate, Troy Shadow X-5, Fisher F75
Good Job, d2 !! Another one bites the dust...... uh, mud. And another one bites, and another one bites, another one bites the mud! Can you name the group ????

Hog Harvest in Process !

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay with 'em' d2, it's going to be a long drawn out battle,
I have overheard hunters talking in the local stores, that they had rather run into a bear, than a 'Wild Boar'.
One lady I know, was slashed on the leg (while on horseback), by a hog, that they were chasing with dogs.

Fossis..............

kybowhunter

Feb 22, 2006
Detector(s) used
F75 / M6 / Cortes
I know alot of bowhunters who would gladly help you resolve this problem :wink:

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Only 125 lbs??! maybe small for a wild boar, but I wouldn't wanna wrestle with it! sausage, chops, bacon, bacon bacon bacon!

arkhunter

Jun 12, 2006
little rock,arkansas
Detector(s) used
whites-garret
just a baby.........i am looking for my pic from the russellville area a few years back...one charged a guy in his
ford ranger pick-up..........everyone said he was drinking....he kept going back till it charged him again...he shot it....was almost as long as his truck.....he guessed 1200 pounds......the tusks looked to be 10-12 inches

john in little rock

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SoArk....Queen sang it.
This ones tusks dont look to be more than 1.5 inches long. Not big, but still big enough to cut you bad. I reset the trap so maybe we will have more tommorow. Maybe we can hunt them with dogs later on this week...d2

trusty

Dec 18, 2007
Osceola County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Treasure Bunny Tails said:
They are a real problem in the oak covered hills of California. They destroy vineyards, uproot oak saplings, and trample vegetable fields. They can be quite dangerous and aggressive. At one time in this state you could take all you wanted, but the Fish & Game saw an opportunity to make some money so they severely restricted the number that could be taken and set a season. All that plan did was create a bigger feral hog problem, but the radical environmentalists have a lot of power here so the hogs win and the farmers and hikers lost. We can hunt them, but they are regulated like a game animal. Of course, they aren't game animals in the true sense.

Just another example of the problems created when non-native species are introduced to an area and then escape captivity.

The ones we have, for the most part, are ones that escaped from regular farms. I have read that hogs revert to the wild faster than any other domesticated animal, just a very few generations. The rate that they reproduce, it doesn't take long.

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is "Twister" he belongs to a friend of mine. He would be a better represenitive
of a Razorback. Twister likes "Blow Pops" and when he gets thru eating the sucker he spits the stick out...d2

Attachments

• DSC01971.JPG
    DSC01971.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 440

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In California they hunt ferrel pigs as a big game animal. Some of the hunts are actually guided and catered. Maybe you need to go into the pig hunting business.

fccdfed

silverswede

Dec 12, 2005
Pinehurst. Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
Thanks for the additional hog info,d2. Some years ago I picked up a copy of the game regs in Tennessee and they were listed at that time as 2 Boars of either sex. Is that possible?

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Looks a lot like a Russian Boar, too small for the long tusks yet, but they can sill do a lot of damage on a dog. Gnewt

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man d2....I think ole twister has a bad attitude.....doesn't look happy at all.Here's your chance to become the official TNet Hog Guide....When do you start bookin' hunt's?

OP
OP
d2

d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The picture of twister was took last year and it wasnt a very good picture. He weighs about 300 pounds and his teef are about 3 inches long...d2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread