I am IRON MAN !

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, not exactly the title I was hoping for today but, I helped an old family friend rid his field of some nasty iron. I did manage three wheat pennies, 26, 32, 34, but, the silver and 1800's coins evaded my coil. Had a blast and got rained out just after taking the pictures of the iron on the farmer's burn pile. Once again my eyeballs gathered in a few cool finds. The snow white marble, tiny red bead, a broken piece of rock looking like Indian worked it, brass buckle, and the brass gear thingy were all surface eyeball finds. I really like the tiny Scoville "Gripper" snap rivet thingy. I have been manually taking my "Ground Balance" setting to "44". This was suggested by a YouTuber with a Makro Racer 2 to get higher sensitivity on smaller deeper targets. I believe it is working. This spot has historic and personal value to me as my father used to run around these fields. Looking for stuff way older than what he may have lost though for sure. Found loads of broken crocks, plates, cups, Mason jars, etc. The old coins & silver are here. I just didn't get my little Nel Snake coil over the top of one today. It's a lot slower using the tiny Snake coil but, it cuts through the iron infestation better than any coil I have ever used. Hope to get back there this weekend to hit paydirt. Ya'll be blessed. Kurios1 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG

Upvote 8

Bisquitlips

Feb 22, 2013
Kansas Ctiy, MO
Detector(s) used
1970s - Garrett BFO
1980s - Whites 4000 Di
1990s - Bounty Hunter Tracker (Wife's)
Future - Likely an XP Deus (On the hunt.)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ozzy would be proud!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That chubby little piggy should have hauled some of this iron to the burn pile for me. :headbang:

KENTUCKYWONDER

Feb 28, 2016
West Ky
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, you have to get rid of the old iron to find the good stuff. How well I know...
14922537901661235858771.jpg

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey someone has to get through all the tedious stuff.....The good stuff is just below. Once done then plow the field and start over.....:laughing7:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I pull an average of 30 pounds of iron whenever I hunt the fields, but also find plenty of nice items to go with it.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A man after my own heart. My legs were cramping up on me last night after this hunt. I need more potassium or something.:coffee2:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes sir. I am learning the drill too well. Although I didn't find what I was hoping and expecting to find I was happy with my beautiful white marble, tiny red bead-possibly from the Indians in these parts back in the day, and a few other cool items. Considering going back there today. Going to have to pack a lunch I think.:sunny:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forgive my toilet lid finds picture. I am running out of flat surfaces to show my finds.:smileinbox:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well now, that's a great idea.:icon_study:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread