I AM KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED.

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Ok guys, about 6 months ago I took off on a little road trip to a small town. I had called ahead to a few banks and one had told me that they had about 200 dollars in halves. So when I stopped in, they informed they did not have 200 but 400 in halves. Many of you who have been here a while remember what I found...40 solid rolls of silver. They were full of walker, bens, and kens of all types. Well, anyway I just called them back after 6 months and the same girl has what she said was about 200 hundred dollars in halves. I am really excited because they say no one ever comes in for halves and from what it seems only one guy drops any off and not very often. This is the silver man. Could it be? I am keeping my fingers crossed that this could be a double wammy score of silver. Last set of keepers from this bank numbered at 705 silver keepers. They are holding these for me until tuesday. Ahhh I can't wait but what a bummer if it is a big skunk. Oh well...I will keep you all posted.

-Golden Silver

Upvote 0
OP
OP
golden silver

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
SilverCop that is a mighty fine road trip coming from Down south where you are :o If I could I would go tomorrow but I am working. But first thing Tuesday....

-golden Silver

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i think he is in va. i am in alabama. my point is with all the new folks that are into this hobby you never know when somebody might beat you to the bank, it happens to me all the time. my last road trip i was beat out by a day. hey you have alabama listed in your profile where abouts in alabama are you?

jonhls

Nov 10, 2006
beat out by a day is nothing,when i picked up my boxes thursday a guy went up to teller window and bought other tellers loose halfs.She had told me she had none,after he left i asked her again she said he comes in every week,i then asked her where she got 3 dollars in halfs from time i asked till time he walked in....she blushed and stammered i told her have a nice day.Head teller started to aploagize i told her no worries boxes are just fine.

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
sounds to me like the guy that comes in every week has a deal worked out with that teller, that is the kind of thing i am trying to do, but as i have found most tellers keep them for themselves. after i retire (in about 12 years) i think i am going to try and get one of those teller jobs. but with my luck there wont be much circulating around by then :-\ :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions