i am looking for a cheep pinpointer

DeerStalker

May 11, 2012
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Harbor Freight has one for about $20. If you want a cheap one that works, I'd go for that one.

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is one item I would not be CHEAP on. Ebay - Garrett Pro Pointer.

awhatley

May 31, 2012
marion, louisiana
Detector(s) used
Lone Star Bounty Hunter, son uses a JR Bounty Hunter, 2 modified centech pointers, fisher f2, fisher pinpointer, harbor freight detector, garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased 2 from harbor freight. i was kinda of leary that they wouldnt work but been using them for about a month now and i have found that they work just fine. i would recommend them if u are pinching pennys then these will work fine until you can save up for abetter brand

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
kenny sprinkles said:
Or a way to make a cheep one if any one knows how or got a cheep one to sale or a good used one well work let me know

Hf pin pointers work fine. I would recommend them also if money is tight.

badger

Mar 7, 2012
Divide, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
get a garrett pro pointer

Save yourself some brain damage and get a garrett pro pointer. If you buy anything else, you will probably be disappointed. read the reviews....and save yourself the headache

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought the HF unit tonight, $14 at the local store, and it does nothing but beep nonstop. Sensitivity zilch, different battery nada... just beeps as long as it's on. Will return it tomorrow and grab the propointer my local dealer has in his case.

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The propointer works GREAT! Maybe I just got a bad one from harbor freight, but the garret unit is amazing. Dug one hole and found 4 items, all trash for the most part, but I'd never have found them without it.

Shorty Buckshot

Aug 19, 2012
Northeast Indiana
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too got the Cen Tech pinpointer from Harbor Freight...it has a sensitivity dial and a light and is easy to use....seems to work ok for now...14.99 and the HF website has a printable 20% off coupon good for September only...it's no pro pointer but it's better than nothing....

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a few holes you will get better digging. You wont need a pinpointer soon. I would rather put the money from a expensive pinpointer on a new coil instead. Most finds will be shallow anyway, a pocket knife or flat tip screw driver will work. Of Course you could buy a $40.00 dollar leches too, and $100.00 dollar Preditor shovel. Good Luck and welcome to the hobby.

djrocker

Greenie
Aug 28, 2012
Spring, Texaas
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 150 / BH Camo LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, the HF pinpointer is pretty decent. If it lasts me 6 months and breaks, it was worth the $20.

wayne999

Sep 19, 2012
Edgewater fl
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Automax Precision
V4 Pinpointer
Cen-tech pinpointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using a Cen-tech pinpointer for three weeks no problems Works great

Buzzlitebeer

Dec 29, 2012
NE FL
Detector(s) used
F4/Excal 2/NOX 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
awhatley said:
I purchased 2 from harbor freight. i was kinda of leary that they wouldnt work but been using them for about a month now and i have found that they work just fine. i would recommend them if u are pinching pennys then these will work fine until you can save up for abetter brand

Second that! Used my HF pointer twice now and it works just fine, now when I have the coin I will get a PP for sure!

circuit323

Greenie
May 23, 2012
I used my hf handheld for a month before the button quit working. I replaced the button and added a vibrator motor for 5 bucks. Works great for less than 20$

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a bounty hunter one from amazon for 35 buck. Very impressed with for beging a bounty hunter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread