I am still alive and kicking

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
Life threw me a curve ball about 6 months back. Lost the house I tried to buy but 2 months worth of issues with the underwriter made it impossible and I lost over $1200 just in cash, not counting lost profits from auctions etc. My brother in law passed away in a horrible accident during the same period of time. One month ago last Friday I was laid off from my job, unexpectedly.

So I was forced to initiate my plan three years in the future, a little over 30 days ago. I started working on my business full time, Henry Country Collectibles is rocking and rolling right now. Having a great time with it and couldn't be more pleased. Visit my store, you might find something you like. I will be putting some coins up in the near future.

Sadly, CRH'ing is going to have to go goodbye for me. I was let go by one bank from being able to purchase when the boxes finally started producing again after a year long drought. I hooked up with another bank and it just isnt producing now that they are no longer handing me Christmas dated boxes. I see no reason why I should keep a couple grand in cash in my hand at all times on the off chance I can buy a box with $8 worth of silver in it. Instead I am going to use that cash at auctions and garage/estate sales and continue to move the business along.

Not exactly sure where I am on my goal right now, I have not kept my log up to date as of late, too much going on to have the time. I know I was around 675 oz and that was before buying a 10 inch Paul Revere bowl, 10oz of rounds, numerous oz of scrap and 3 Sterling Flatware sets weighing in around 60-75 oz ea. I figure I was right near the 100 oz mark and my goal for years end is 682 so I can afford to scrap out some to rebuy in and make more profit.

Looking forward to hitting the refiner this coming week to get some more cash in my hand to play with. Below is 293.50 oz of silver in bags and a couple serving pieces going to be melted down into two 108 oz bars ( for me to keep and will have 100 oz of silver ea) and one bag of scrap will be melted down and cashed in for money for more buying.

20140525_192715[1].jpg 20140525_192733[1].jpg 20140525_192805[1].jpg

I also have some gold I will be scraping that I could not get sold

10k - 60.03 g
14k - 69.05 g
18k - 19.91 g

So this will likely be my last post in the CRH forums unless I come across a nice bank score. I still hit them from time to time on my way home from my travels. I drive up to 5 hours one way for auctions etc and I put over 1000 miles a week on my car so I get around and should hopefully come across a big bank score sooner or later.

Happy Hunting.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey The_EE, glad to see you posting again, sorry to hear about the unfortunate events... HH
BUff

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear about the hard times you've been having but Im glad to hear your new business is going well. Hope better days are ahead for you. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions