I ate a bit of humble pie today...got 3 silvers though!

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
I have been talking to a coworker about MDing for about a year now, and finally my excitement about digging in the dirt for hours finally cought on. He went to his son-in-law's and grabbed his metal detector and called me to tell me what kind it is. He said "it's a Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX." I used to have a Bounty Hunter 505, so I said "bring it and we'll make it work!" The Pioneer is a simple...very simple machine...progressive push button disc. on off button and depth selection button. His had a 6" coil and it only gives you indications of iron, pulltab 5 cent, pulltab, and coin and has 3 or 4 tones. It DOES NOT have pinpoint or notch...Well, I learned on a 505, and I figured...what the heck. So I took him to my silver park and went to the tot lot side so he could dig some easy clad. I made sure his first target would be a coin and not a pulltab. After letting him dig holes the size of a manhole for a while, I showed him how to better pinpoint. After a bit, he was digging smaller holes and more targets.
I figured I would show him the MXT and how it works (I am trying to get him to buy an M6). He was mesmerized by the pinpointing of the MXT and the VDI numbers. I was bragging. So, I sent him on his way with my MXT (I have to say it felt kind of like he was pawing my wife). I figured "heck, he's using mine, I'll use his." I was swingin' away with his and I got a "coin" signal. I had already dug some clad...this is all away from where I dig my old silver...like my barbers and such. So, I dug down about 3 1/2 inches, and I see this...
silveredge.JPG

That old familiar shiny rim! It was a silver rosie. I had been talking about how my MD finds deep silver all morning and how it is much easier to use, and easier to determine what to dig and what not to and how you can really find the silver deep...then that happens. So I began to explain to him that I had a BH and it took me a long time to find my first...then BAM, I dug ANOTHER silver rosie! At this point, I gave up explaining except for "what will be will be." After digging a bunch of clad, and seeing those silvers, he was HOOKED!
Then, I showed him treasurenet, and MAN is he hooked. He even browsed Kellyco for quiet some time...looking at the MXT and the M6. Looks like there is one more to add to the pack!
Here's the kills...
2-silver rosies
1-1945 P war nickel
a shoe buckle and SNOOPIE (the wife claimed him instantly).

2rosewabs.JPG
2rosewabsback.JPG
group.JPG

I have had enough humble pie for now...so I am having homemade stuffed chicken breast tonight!
100_2225.JPG

Thanks for lookin'!

~Tom

Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I was doing ok until I ran up on that plate. Think I'll go get something to eat. Nice finds. Congrats.....

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I will definitely give you an A+ on photography.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice silver finds. Dinner looks even better right now. :laughing7:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
man im looking at this at 6.30 in the morn and i want some chicken and salad. oh ya nice dimes and nickel. willy

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Nice Silver digs!

Congrats!

The nickel looks more like a '45 than a '54, lol. Unless it's a Korean War Nickel!

I think you should tell your partner that you are sooooo good that you and EVEN find silver with his machine!

Good Luck,
Mark

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds man.

The detecting gods were looking down on you man. You help others and good things will happen for you.

HH Jer

OP
OP
ashleysflyr

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
mpostma said:
Nice Silver digs!

Congrats!

The nickel looks more like a '45 than a '54, lol. Unless it's a Korean War Nickel!

I think you should tell your partner that you are sooooo good that you and EVEN find silver with his machine!

Good Luck,
Mark

Good call...lol, I fixed it...must have been dislexic last night...

~Tom

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Dude, I think the best find you have found so far is whoever cooked you that meal! Lucky man!

relic lover

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2006
Western PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice patina on that chicken breast.

OP
OP
ashleysflyr

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the comments about the silver AND dinner!
rj4law-thanks...I like to see clearm large photos on posts!
Texasgopher-I cooked it! LOL It's one of my wife's favorites.
reliclover-ROTFLMFAO :laughing7:

~Tom

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
ashleysflyr said:
Thanks for the comments about the silver AND dinner!
rj4law-thanks...I like to see clearm large photos on posts!
Texasgopher-I cooked it! LOL It's one of my wife's favorites.
reliclover-ROTFLMFAO :laughing7:

~Tom

LOL! Oops, Well I guess your wife's the lucky one! :laughing7: Seriously i was just trying to be nice, that's pretty funny. It does look good though!

TG

bravowhiskey

Bronze Member
May 29, 2009
Brazos Valley, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Good on you AF. Yes, Sir, what goes around comes around.
Nothing wrong with a BH, just generally a little more digging involved.

HH,
BW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread