tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got home this afternoon from Douglas Wyo. The weather reports where a snowstorm is on the way. As soon as I got to the Fort Collins area on I25 is when the snow began to fall. I didn't take to many pictures, but here is a couple from my visit to Guernsey Wyoming area. I saw this buck next to the road and when I stopped he ran up to some doe's on a hillside. Them doe's are all looking at him like he's a handsome fella, don't ya think?. The other is a little bitty town called Hartsville Wyo. I guess they found a little gold in the early days around there, but it then became a place they mined iron. Last two I took through the window as the birds come to pick the berries of my Virginia creeper. The birds won't eat the berries on this plant, until late in the fall and they'll be picking at them well into winter until there all gone. They must know those berries are more toxic until later in the season? They won't go for them even when they first ripen. They seem to really like them the most, when they become dry and hard. I can watch the birds out my window on the vine from right here in my chair and a cat on my lap. Some folks think these Virginia creepers are a nuisance, but I like the shade it give and when they flower there are like a million honey bees flying around gathering the pollen and then you get to watch the birds. It's a great plant imo.

Attachments

• trip 111716 1.jpg
    trip 111716 1.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 45
  • trip 111716 2.jpg
    trip 111716 2.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 60
  • trip 111716 3.jpg
    trip 111716 3.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 48
  • trip 111716 4.jpg
    trip 111716 4.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 45

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on beating the weather. We are supposed to get our first snow this Sunday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread