I believe I hit my first dream box today...

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the definition of dream box is still 100+ keepers. It was dead on 100, 99 40%ers and a single, lonely '64 Ken. There was 13 total enders, 2 doubles and one I missed, haha. Three rolls had nothing, the rest had something... Highest ratio of non-skunk rolls ever for me. Most in any roll was 4 (weird, my other big boxes had as many as 6-7 in a roll) and they were obviously very evenly spread out.

The second box of that order was, I think, a continuation. Another '64 and 16 40%ers. I don't know what this banks' deal is, but I love it... they've produced my 3 best boxes ever as well as a couple other good ones, all since I started ordering there in May;

99 40%ers, 1 '64.
76 40%ers, 2 '64's.
75 40%ers, 1 '64.
59 40%ers, 1 '64.
33 40%ers, 5 '64's.

Here's a pic of what I pulled out of both boxes. There was also 2 proofs and a single gold-plated coin in the dream box.

20120920_152214_zpsf6fc668b.jpg

Upvote 0

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That qualifies as a dream box. Congrats!! They are getting harder and harder to come by.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Dreamy cull of silver. You need to up your orders from that bank and mine that vein.

It KILLS me that they won't let me order more than 2 boxes per week, haha. The tellers are more than willing, but somebody at corporate is vetoing any more than 2 boxes per week. Thankfully, I'm the only one that orders there.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent score! My best is 88. Some day....
Congrats!!!

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
It KILLS me that they won't let me order more than 2 boxes per week, haha. The tellers are more than willing, but somebody at corporate is vetoing any more than 2 boxes per week. Thankfully, I'm the only one that orders there.

And I would counter that by having my mother, brother, pastor, friends, and anyone else I could enlist to order on my behalf. As rare as dream boxes are nowadays, I would tap that vein until it runs dry.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Ask the tellers if they have more loose halves they might be hiding stuff from you

OP
OP
bigscores

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eminem said:
Ask the tellers if they have more loose halves they might be hiding stuff from you
I'm not a noob Em, they sell me the bags off the counter when they fill once every like 4 months. They dont take rolled coin. EDIT: Well, their supermarket locations take rolled coin, I got my biggest score ever from one. But the few standalone branches they have in my area all have counters.

And I would counter that by having my mother, brother, pastor, friends, and anyone else I could enlist to order on my behalf. As rare as dream boxes are nowadays, I would tap that vein until it runs dry.
Tried this with my fiancee, when I went to pick up "her" order, I was warned by the manager not to do it again. They're just strict, but as long as I'm the only one ordering, what do I care? It might take a year, but I will clean that supply.

Last edited:

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might as well enjoy it over a longer period of time rather than deplete it in a month. I hope it keeps supplying' for ya

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet find dude. Like a sugar cube. :love8:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread