I believe this is my new stapler...

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other
Found this at the Salvation Army store today. Bates Stapler. Like new. Makes its own staple from a spool of wire and staples with one press of the handle. Never seen or even heard of these. Works great! Paid $2

HH All!

Attachments

• 100_7594.JPG
    100_7594.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 291

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Cadillac of Staplers is what you found. I've never seen one either and it looks almost NOS.'1970s, maybe'? ? ?...Can you find the wire it uses? Be cool to put that thing to use. I give it a value of things in the "unique designs in engineering category".

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Cool stapler. Beats my old battleship grey Swingline 400. Looks like yours is a late model C made in the late 60's. I guess the refills are no longer available though. Family Of Bates Brass Wire Staplers - bates wire staplers sales"
B-50 Refills - bates wire staplers sales, supplies, and service, B-50 refills"

If you need to refill it, find a local printer that has a "wire feed stitcher" and ask them if they have any wire on hand. This wire comes on a big spool. You could surely wind some new wire onto your spool.

OP
OP
frankendime

frankendime

Mar 8, 2012
Middle Tn
Primary Interest:
Other

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the stapler. One of the most interesting items I have seen posted round here in a bit.

I will post pics of my cool stapler purchase I made back in late summer. It is sitting on my desk right now, one of my favorite items.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions