i bought 9.6 rechargable batteries for my fisher f2

gringoo

Feb 15, 2011
iv had these batteries for two weeks so far and my f2 didnot burn out with the extra voltage, fisher said the reason they say not to use rechargable 9volt batteries is because they dont hold enough juice, as the f2 sucks a lot of power, so i paid 37.00 dollars for two of these that came with a charger. and they last about 20 hours before needing a recharge. i will let you know if my f2 burns out with this extra voltage or not in time. when i put the batteries in my f2 they light up my machine, so their is defenitly a lot of juice in them. if you dont buy rechargable batteries the f2 will cost you a fortune in batteries as regular batteries only last maybe 20 hours.

gringojavascript:void(0);

Daedalus

Feb 2, 2011
Strafford , Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The nickle metal hydride battery's are the same voltage as the alkaline , it is the Lithium type battery's that have a higher voltage , but I have seen some new types of Lithium battery's that now put out the same voltage as the alkaline type .

And the lasting as long ,well so far I get almost the same , the rechargeable battery's show a lower voltage at the first of the run but last longer through the middle of the run . I just keep three sets charged so I have what I need at all times . I also keep a pack of alkaline in the car just in case I forget to bring some.

One thing I will say is that the Nickle type battery's do not give much of a warning when they are going dead , they will just quit and you are done in till you replace them .

OP
OP
G

gringoo

Feb 15, 2011
gringoo said:
iv had these batteries for two weeks so far and my f2 didnot burn out with the extra voltage, fisher said the reason they say not to use rechargable 9volt batteries is because they dont hold enough juice, as the f2 sucks a lot of power, so i paid 37.00 dollars for two of these that came with a charger. and they last about 20 hours before needing a recharge. i will let you know if my f2 burns out with this extra voltage or not in time. when i put the batteries in my f2 they light up my machine, so their is defenitly a lot of juice in them. if you dont buy rechargable batteries the f2 will cost you a fortune in batteries as regular batteries only last maybe 20 hours.

gringojavascript:void(0);

this is april 13 2011 and my machine is still running ok with these powerfull batteries, they did not burn my fisher f2 out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread