Aug 29, 2016
Moscow, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra-705
Teknetics T2 classic
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The pioneer arrive Friday (four days early) I tested before I went to work and found a dime, three zincons, and a a couple of wire connectors in the driveway. Saturday I took it out to two different parks and found 8 pennies, 1 quarter, a real nice pocket knife(but it was a surface find). At the second park (a county park where I have found to silver coins), I found my third silver a 1957 Rosie Dime I'm still trying to figuring out the 202. I did run in to a couple ghost signals, so I don't know whats happening there. I think the notch and Auto Notch is useless, seem to work sometime then other times not at all. But I still thinks it will make a nice starter machine for my two Nephews.

DiamondDan

Apr 21, 2016
Robbinsdale, MN
Detector(s) used
White's M6; Tesoro Compadre; Minelab E-trac; Bounty Hunter QD2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a good starter machine. My addiction began with the Quick Draw 2, whic is the exact same detector. You're right, the notch feature is worthless. I always ran it all-metal mode with the disc about 9:00. That's enough to get rid of nails. It's not a particlarly deep machine, but it's a good one for learning the basics. I made many good finds with mine and in a matter of six months it paid for itself, a pro pointer, AND my new machine!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread