I bought my first md today and made my first find!

mclldavidson

Aug 16, 2011
I have my mind set on the Ace 250 but today while in a pawn shop I came across the Ace 150. They were asking 100 but I walked out with it for 60. I found this little kid ring and some old pennies in my yard.
img0785vb.jpg

img0782c.jpg

Upvote 0

alderan33

Oct 15, 2010
Greenville, NC
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I
Garrett Pro Pointer
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey welcome aboard and great digs!! :icon_thumleft:
The bad news is that you will probably never outgrow this particular addiction.
The good news is that you will probably never outgrow this particular addiction. ;D

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
you've found a great md, just learn everything about it and dig everything

OP
OP
M

mclldavidson

Aug 16, 2011
So far I have been using a long screw driver(about 10-12") to dig, it is working pretty good

OP
OP
M

mclldavidson

Aug 16, 2011
I will for sure buy whatever tools will help since I plan on sticking with this. All my friends have laughed asking if I am 70 instead of 32

tapoutking

Jun 27, 2007
Simi Valley California
Awesome! Don't worry, my friends laughed at first (im 45 now) but I found out that some of them went out and bought them after hearing me talk about finds and hunts I have been on. Now I laugh at them for trying to hide their purchases.

MKnTenn

Jul 30, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to madness, fun, history and the feeling of christmas as a kid, over and over. It's the greatest hobby in the world! HH

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to Tnet and congrats on your first find. I will always remember the first ring I found.

fourleaf

Oct 19, 2007
Creedmoor, NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II / Vibra p. 570
Nice first finds. I still haven't dug any silver, or gold. I bet you already want to go back out! Welcome to the club

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Congratulations on your first detector, and your first ring! Hope it's gold. Please post a photo, if you can, of the inside. May have to get close.

You've got a huge property to have 1.5 acres to hunt on. Just checking that area should take you several months to check. If you happen to find older 1800's coins, you will need to be CAREFUL about gridding the entire lawn/area so that you find the deep targets too.

Welcome to TNet, too! We'll be looking forward to tomorrow's finds as well.

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard! I have an Ace 150 that I keep as a loaner machine, but I use it now and then too. I've found it to be a perfectly good machine, and definitely a good starting out machine. keep it up and happy hunting!

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to the hobby/sport/lifestyle. J

OP
OP
M

mclldavidson

Aug 16, 2011
Now that I have this I am wondering if it would be dumb to upgrade to the 250 and if I should just to a higher end machine when I am ready

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mclldavidson said:
Now that I have this I am wondering if it would be dumb to upgrade to the 250 and if I should just to a higher end machine when I am ready

Congratulations on the first couple of finds... What you've got in the 150 is OK for now. Use it and learn all you can. You've got plenty of time to upgrade.

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
they're really isn't much difference between the 150 and 250. if you learn everything you can about the 150, then when you do upgrade you'll already have a leg up and be able to tell the difference between the 2 jmo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions