I Broke A CRH Rule Today

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few months back I asked a teller for halves. He asked if I was looking for silver. I told him I was a collector. (I am). He then proceeded to tell me that people were looking for silver in rolls and then told me how much each coin was worth. I decided then that this was my new dump bank. For the last three or four weeks I've noticed that Fred has not been at work. When I asked where he'd been I was told that he was on sick leave. Today I went in and asked for halves and bought four rolls. Three of the rolls were skunks but one roll had three 40%ers. A '66, a '67 and a '68. All three were in almost AU condition. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that it pays to know your banks and tellers and to change your tactics ever now and then. Happy huntin'.

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tellers come and go, us crhers stay at the banks and keep ordering/asking for coins :thumbsup:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is always nice to have a younger clueless teller working as a part time job for college that knows nothing on coins though :)
tellers come and go, us crhers stay at the banks and keep ordering/asking for coins :thumbsup:

crhstreetwalker

Apr 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I've heard it all. At the end of the day though, I'm always going to take whatever rolls they have. If they say there's no silver, there's probably silver!

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
My dad went to school with the Branch Manager at my bank, and well, I've gotten some nice silver from this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread