I broke the code today and im sick

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sick from breaking the code of tresspassing I'm sick of what i saw. A very old farm house here burned from vandals and the house,2 shacks and a barn were filled with antiques. This place has been fenced off for years with nobody caring for it because it belongs to the state. We drove behind the fenced part of the property and i almost died from what i saw. Bottles and cans for starters that looked 100 years old. In shock i noticed a hole in da fence right next to the sign. NO TRESSPASSING. Knowing i could get in trouble i squeezed trough the fence and ran around looking at everything on the ground. I must of said SON OF A B.... 30 times as i ran in a circle seeing a Mother Load of antiques scattered all over. Coming to my senses i crawled back under the fence almost in tears from what i saw. My cousin asked did you find anything and all i could say was lets go before i do something stupid. :'(

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
hmmm.......don't know what i'd do!

how much shopping could you buy with that stuff you saw?

S

stefen

Good for you.

Morals and ethics learned kicked in and prevented taking something that didn't belong to you, regardless of its potential value.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just the very old Coke bottles laying around made me sad.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
Let me get this straight. There are old dwellings there filled with antiques worth money owned by a state that is near bankrupt status and no representative from that state is bothering selling the antiques and putting the money back into the state? Yeah that pretty much sums up California.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An area we hunt that use to be an old town then pasture now they are putting oild wells in again and the damage someone has done makes me sick the area when you walked thru had little gullies that washed out the old trash dumps and when you were detecting you could pick up all kinds of things now people who are in there are finding the old things and using them for target practice! just makes me sick!

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Farmercal said:
Let me get this straight. There are old dwellings there filled with antiques worth money owned by a state that is near bankrupt status and no representative from that state is bothering selling the antiques and putting the money back into the state? Yeah that pretty much sums up California.
hey its junk to them.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Go there when there's anyone from the state or the demo company that will be going there soon, walk in and act like you belong there and ask them who's taking the junk out of the site. If they say no one, then tell them there's a few things you'd like to remove.

If you look like a tourist, they'll tell you to get lost. If you act like you belong there, you may not have to watch all the stuff get bulldozed into the ground.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
well you could be a "goodfella" and vollunteer to help clean up the some of the mess and haul off some that old "junk and trash" :wink: thus protecting it from total loss by morons who have no clue as to its real worth.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
بلَباه said:
If you get caught removing items from a private structure that has been the victim of a disaster/natural disaster, and you are not the legal owner of the property or items, then you will be in serious trouble.

I think the legalese term for it is "looting".

http://works.bepress.com/stuart_green/1/
dude that sounds worse then tresspassing.

OP
OP
aa battery

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
well you could be a "goodfella" and vollunteer to help clean up the some of the mess and haul off some that old "junk and trash" :wink: thus protecting it from total loss by morons who have no clue as to its real worth.
like dis

Attachments

• extreme 020.jpg
    extreme 020.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 224
  • extreme 020.jpg
    extreme 020.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 231

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hey when dos people send in da "clean up crew" show up wit a case o beer or two "as a gift" --and I betcha can have anyding ya want before day chuck it in de truck to go toda landfill . :wink: ah pizano.

such is life.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is even more sad is that the place probably will be looted long before the state does anything with it.
Only a matter of time till someone in the know gets the loot.

The state may even sell it all to you for $1.00 wouldn't be the first time.
Cost nothing to find out.

While hiking some 40 years ago my brother came across an old abandoned homeplace and discovered an antique car in the garage it was an early vintage Pierce Arrow. After some research he found that the state had owned the property for over 10 years, so he and a friend decided they would get the car. Well when they went to get the car with a tow truck 3 weeks later, it was already gone. Probably saved them from being car thieves. Anyway just goes to show you, time is of the essence.

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The city here sometimes pays people to go clean up a lot and you get what ever you want since your being paid to clean it. But that included total clean up the structure being taken apart and hauled off. But ther is the copper in there too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions