60 KB · Views: 396

Mantis212

Aug 19, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter "Lone Star"
Give 'em Hell!

:icon_pirat: :icon_pirat: :icon_pirat:

....that is a really....really..ugly spider...

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
My grandpa, when I was younger, had a garden. At the end of his garden he had a short fenceline that didn't really box anything in made with hogwire(approximately 6 inch squares). I didn't know what it was for until I caught site of him early one morning going to the garden. He had a pie tin and a billy club and was making a huge racket. He basicly ran the rabbits down to the back of the garden where they attempted to jump through the hogwire fence. They got caught up in it, he went around to the back of it, and started using the billy club on their heads. That night we ate rabbit for dinner. ;D Good luck with your garden.

OP
OP
H

High Plains Digger

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2008
Thank you for the two "really"s.

I used to raise rabbits, but these little cottontails seem somewhat scrawny, and since they are wild, I worry about diseases and parasites. The spider needs his due. And all my hog wire is under the cuecumber plants there.

tomjiggy

Sep 18, 2010
You don't really have to worry about disease as long as you cook the meat well. Rabbit stew is really tasty. Try not to hunt them in the summer as they tend to get worms(just like deer), which is just another reason why hunting season is in the late fall, early winter. When I say summer I'm talking when it hits above 90 F. I've seen nets put up on the outside of gardens to keep critters out, but if they're determined enough they'll get through. Then again, if you aren't too hip on rabbit meat, you can always get a cat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread