I Came Really Super Close To Getting Skunked Today

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I headed out early this morning with high hopes of getting one more silver coin to make it 80 silver coins for the first two months of this year without getting skunked on a single hunt.

This should be easy for me to do. My first place to detect was back at the church were I found 3 silver coins yesterday. I couldn't find a silver coin there if my life depended on it. I did find a bunch of clad coins, a unknown 1916 coin, and a 1968 Shell Game Coin.

I didn't have anything else lined up to hunt so I started driving around hoping to see someone out in their yard. Finally I spotted a lady in a swing in her front yard. I got permission from her to detect her front yard. I grid searched it and didn't find anything but some more clad coins, so I left there to look somewhere else.

I saw a guy working on his boat in his driveway. I stopped and asked him if I could detect his yard, he said that he would rather me do that, so I said that I understood and left.

Man, I was wore out from digging over a 100 clad coins, 10 wheat pennies and 35+ pieces of junk targets. It was getting around noontime and I was about call it a day and then I saw a guy out in a yard that I had detected before, so I stopped to say hello.

I told him about my silver streak was on the line and he said why don't you detect the yard across the street. He said that it should have silver coins in that yard because he remembered that there were a lot of kids living there in the mid-fifties. I told him that I didn't know those people. He said go ahead that he knew her really well and she won't mind at all and besides she not at home.

Long story short I agreed to detect the yard as long as he agreed to go over there with me. It didn't take me long at all to get my search coil over a silver coin. I was so happy that I was ready to go, but he insisted that I finish detecting the other half of the front yard. I found another silver coin.

He's the guy that mentioned last year who has lived in his house since 1952. He bought it new and knows everyone up and down the street and knows the history of each home. A really super nice guy who really enjoys my homegrown tomatoes.

This was my 25th hunt for the year. My silver count for the year is 81 and the silver streak is still in tact.

tabman

F75DST%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20014_zps8podszgw.jpg

F75DST%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20015_zps4yg5kzpl.jpg

F75DST%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20018_zpsbkoziwav.jpg

F75DST%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20019_zps9gn9v0e5.jpg

F75DST%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20024_zpsuyzfuw2s.jpg

F75DST%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20028_zpspzlwg2ti.jpg

F75DST%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20029_zpsl2zlek7r.jpg

F75DST%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20030_zpsbusprrkj.jpg

F75DST%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20031_zpsvhwedt1r.jpg

F75DST%202%20Rosie%20Dimes%20021_zps10huweqm.jpg

Upvote 14

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on all those rosies and mercs. I would guess there are some Washingtons in that 81 as well. I have yet to find a rosie or merc this year. I have found 15 seated though.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear your silver streak continues. Thats a lot of silver for two months. Good job

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on all those rosies and mercs. I would guess there are some Washingtons in that 81 as well. I have yet to find a rosie or merc this year. I have found 15 seated though.

Thanks. I didn't find but one Seated Coin, but I did manage to find a Walker, a Big Ben, a SLQ, some War Nickels, a few Washington Quarters. The rest were Rosie Dimes and Mercury Dimes. My best finds were four 14k gold rings. Those always give me a rush when I find them.

tabman

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone! I'm resting up for another hunt.

tabman

basque-man

Silver Member
Sep 26, 2014
W. Nevada / N. CA
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus; Minelab E-Trac; Son (Wyatt) uses XP Deus!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A nice couple of silvers. And, A LOT of digging!!!! Nice score!:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread