I can't be the only one this has happened to - Tot Lot lesson

Echoplex

Feb 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, MXT All Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The kids and I went on a Tot Lot tour today and I have to wonder if the following has happened to anyone else. It is funny to me, but my 9 year old almost lost his mind over it:

Our first lot of the day, I was swinging and my son was digging/pinpointing. We found ourselves being shadowed by a group of curious kids as we began pulling targets from the wood chips. We were pulling the usual stuff, clad, charms, buttons. Finally, a little girl mustered up enough courage to ask me: "Excuse me, can I pleeeeeeease get to keep whatevers in the next hole?" I smiled and agreed, and her eyes lit up in excitement. I swung no more than 2 feet and got a target. I tiny, crisp, +35 VDI. I immediately thought to myself, CRAP! I knew this was going to happen. I swiped away the woodchips with my boot and there it was. A sweet little earring with a tiny green gemstone glistening in the light. She plucked it out and was beaming with happiness. I asked if I could take a look at it and, sure enough, it had 14k stamped on the back. It clearly was a pricey earring and the little stone was probably an emerald. It was a very wealthy neighborhood. I smiled and told her it was real gold and all the other kids let out an "oooohhhhhh!" Meanwhile, my 9 year old is having a cow on the sideline, about ready to cry. We rarely ever find gold in Tot Lots. I pulled him aside and explained why keeping your word is important, so we both had a good little life lesson there. After our quick chat, I had about 6 or 7 kids pleading "can I be next! Me! Me!" lol... It was time to pack up and move on to the next.

Anyway, I just thought it was funny and I even had a gut feeling the moment I said yes to the girl's request. I bet she asks Santa for a detector this year :)

HH

Upvote 25

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread