I can't believe I am still watching this show

Steamboat

Feb 20, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 1960's I read the same Readers Digest article about Oak Island that the brothers read. Ever since I have been very interested in what happened there.
I have watched every program on Oak Island for the last six years or so. I need to stop watching it, but I keep on with the very slight chance that they will find something.

The last program was 95% re-hash of past programs. Maybe 5% new information. They waste a lot of time. I think it is intentional. For example when they drill, they find some wood then they call Marty and tell him what we already know. They spent several minutes on the last show when someone donated a candle stick. Big deal!

They spend a lot of time on the Knights Templer, but have found very little evidence on Oak Island to support that. All the metal detector finds could be found on any inhabited location. Just because a find is old doesn't have anything to do with when it was put there. The cross could have been dropped there five years ago.

If they found a Knights Templer grave with artifacts they could make a connection, but the surface finds don't mean much. Just because they found something that came from a French hat doesn't mean a French person lost it on Oak Island.

I think the real treasure on Oak Island is the TV money.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
You're learning.You got suckered in same as the people looking for a treasure that isn't there got suckered in.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 1960's I read the same Readers Digest article about Oak Island that the brothers read. Ever since I have been very interested in what happened there.
I have watched every program on Oak Island for the last six years or so. I need to stop watching it, but I keep on with the very slight chance that they will find something.

The last program was 95% re-hash of past programs. Maybe 5% new information. They waste a lot of time. I think it is intentional. For example when they drill, they find some wood then they call Marty and tell him what we already know. They spent several minutes on the last show when someone donated a candle stick. Big deal!

They spend a lot of time on the Knights Templer, but have found very little evidence on Oak Island to support that. All the metal detector finds could be found on any inhabited location. Just because a find is old doesn't have anything to do with when it was put there. The cross could have been dropped there five years ago.

If they found a Knights Templer grave with artifacts they could make a connection, but the surface finds don't mean much. Just because they found something that came from a French hat doesn't mean a French person lost it on Oak Island.

I think the real treasure on Oak Island is the TV money.

Go back and watch the shows on Season 4, when Zena Halpern was on the show. She had a map of Oak Island from a manuscript that dated back to 1180. It showed where the entrance was located near the "money pit" today. They found some of the things that were on the 1180 map but they did not follow through on all the rest. I believe there maybe some treasure still there if not removed in the 17 Century. I do know that it had been placed there for hundreds of years by the Knight's Templar.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She had a map of Oak Island from a manuscript that dated back to 1180....
She had a modern copy of a map that she claims was from 1180. There is no original map. The map she has is not from 1180. All she has shown is a picture of oak island drawn with some words on it that she claims is a copy of a map from 1180. She has offered no evidence to support that claim...

zena-map-tv-copyright.jpg

This map is clearly on modern paper.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She had a modern copy of a map that she claims was from 1180. There is no original map. The map she has is not from 1180. All she has shown is a picture of oak island drawn with some words on it that she claims is a copy of a map from 1180. She has offered no evidence to support that claim...

View attachment 1664412

This map is clearly on modern paper.

So in other words you do not believe her when she said it was copied from an original?

firemanphob

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2018
Lanesville, IN
Detector(s) used
White Coin master 4000
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the idea of the show but the constant rehashing everything drives me nuts. After every break they have to rehash the five minutes before the break. The show on Tuesday night showed up as a new episode on my tv guide but the whole thing was rehash. Give me a break. Show the stuff once and go on.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
She also believed the Templars worshiped the goddess Tanit; as did dozens of other pre-Columbian people (natives and tourists) in North America. :dontknow: I'd say some of her claims beg further corroboration before they fall into the "fact" category.

Scott Wolter said that the drawing she had was likely a copy of a copy of a copy from the 1700's; but even that is not available for analysis. And I think the reason he got "voted off the island" was because of his disagreements with Zena.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
I like the idea of the show but the constant rehashing everything drives me nuts. After every break they have to rehash the five minutes before the break. The show on Tuesday night showed up as a new episode on my tv guide but the whole thing was rehash. Give me a break. Show the stuff once and go on.

Of course. The producers have to sell to advertisers a 45 minute show. They have to fluff it up as much as possible. All you can do is have an activity planned for those fluff pieces.

You see, this isn't history saying, "ok go act". They film x amount of hours then edit those hours into episodes of what is usable content. However, they less film they use, the more money they save.

They have to sell sensationalism. They have to make it seem like a common nail that they find and make it into something special. The HC/Prometheus was the worst company they could of gone with.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She also believed the Templars worshiped the goddess Tanit; as did dozens of other pre-Columbian people (natives and tourists) in North America. :dontknow: I'd say some of her claims beg further corroboration before they fall into the "fact" category.

Scott Wolter said that the drawing she had was likely a copy of a copy of a copy from the 1700's; but even that is not available for analysis. And I think the reason he got "voted off the island" was because of his disagreements with Zena.

Then you have not read the complete story of the map. The map was stolen from the Vatican. The CIA had a man recover the three portions of the map as the agent had the other four pieces. There was supposed to be eight total pieces. They were dug up and a shovel had cut through the map dividing it into the 8 different pieces. Also if you look at the map you can see the ten foot timber intervals with the 90 ft. stone in place. The eighth piece of paper or another paper that has not been relocated told how to get the water out of the tunnels. That is the map of an old gold mine worked by the Indians from South America. Their treasures are believed to buried in the vault also whether Aztec, Mayan or Inca, I do not know.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, the only books by Dan Brown I have read are The DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons.

Not familiar with the CIA chasing treasure maps from the Vatican story.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the only books by Dan Brown I have read are The DaVinci Code and Angels and Demons.

Not familiar with the CIA chasing treasure maps from the Vatican story.

Read the Scrolls of Onteora by Donald A. Ruh. Best book I have read in years. The Scrolls of Onteora.jpg

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

gazzahk

Bronze Member
Nov 14, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So in other words you do not believe her when she said it was copied from an original?
She never claimed that she had seen the original. So how would she know? If an original existed of this claimed document it would be priceless. NO ONE has ever claimed to see the "alleged" original. Therefore why should anyone believe this is a copy of an original document that was created in 1180. No evidence (even analysis of the writing) has been offered.

sasquash

Nov 2, 2016
North of Quebec
Detector(s) used
Computers
Primary Interest:
Other
She never claimed that she had seen the original. So how would she know? If an original existed of this claimed document it would be priceless. NO ONE has ever claimed to see the "alleged" original. Therefore why should anyone believe this is a copy of an original document that was created in 1180. No evidence (even analysis of the writing) has been offered.

Breaking news !

The document was a fabrication ...

Scott Wolter Answers: The Truth about Oak Island and the Cremona Document

Last edited:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are treasure hunters after all

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to tnet from MI Tommy

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Wow! "We needed to come up with some means ti entice the . . . to want to bid on the Ely Letter whose back we have imprinted with a design that appears to have a solution to the ak Island treasure."

So perhaps Zena was duped into thinking all the source documents were viable rather than fabricated to draw interest from producers.

God bless Scott Wolter for coming forward with this. I had gathered from what I had read and heard that he was pulling away from the TV cast and producers. Now we know why.

Sometimes people want it so bad their bias blinds them, sometimes false connections fabricated from disconnected sources, and sometimes it is outright falsification and deception.

It should be remembered that no one on the TV show is under oath to state only the truth.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! "We needed to come up with some means ti entice the . . . to want to bid on the Ely Letter whose back we have imprinted with a design that appears to have a solution to the ak Island treasure."

So perhaps Zena was duped into thinking all the source documents were viable rather than fabricated to draw interest from producers.

God bless Scott Wolter for coming forward with this. I had gathered from what I had read and heard that he was pulling away from the TV cast and producers. Now we know why.

Sometimes people want it so bad their bias blinds them, sometimes false connections fabricated from disconnected sources, and sometimes it is outright falsification and deception.

It should be remembered that no one on the TV show is under oath to state only the truth.

I have read Donald A. Ruh's book and no where does he say the Oak Island Map is a Fake? As a matter of fact one of the targets on the map has been found in a previous episode and another is to be found in the next up-coming episode. So if these two targets on the Map are real why is the Map not real? In Donald's book it also mentioned about Jackson being in touch with a Tim McGinnis in Florida.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions