I can‘t Identity these rocks. Can you help me? One has a very visible gold trace.

Pinedo

May 12, 2020
Lisbon
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi treasure hunters!

Thank you in advance.

I’m a Newbie in treasure hunting and, to start, I bought a Bounty Hunter tracker.
The detector arrived today and I was able to tune it and, in a funny way, on my backyard I found 2 funny rocks. They seem to have no iron (not attracted by magnets) and they are very dark.
In color, They remind me of a meteorite (I have a real one at home) but I’m not sure.
The funny part is that one has a very cool gold trace. (Don’t believe that is gold but it is cool to see).

They were found using only tone mode.

I took some pictures with macro to help.

Thank you in advance, for you help.

Obrigado!

View attachment 1833054
Rock 1
View attachment 1833055
Rock1
View attachment 1833056
Rock 1
View attachment 1833057
Rock 1
View attachment 1833059
Gold rock
View attachment 1833060
Gold rock
View attachment 1833062
Gold rock
View attachment 1833064
Gold rock

Steve1236

Sep 14, 2017
Az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi and welcome to the forum, take a steel knife and press hard into the gold area, if it indents and doesn't break it's gold, if it breaks or chips it pyrite, I don't see any meteorites but take your hose and pressure wash that last photo specimen and maybe scrub it with a brush, it looks mineralized, maybe some malachite or chrysocolla I think I see which is very good sign for finding gold since they are secondary copper minerals and also pyrite unfortunately but that's a really cool find for kicking up dirt in your backyard.:icon_thumright:
Oh and another way to know if that's gold is to crush them to fine powder size then pan it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread