poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tell about times where you had someone do something for you, And you always end up saying." I should have done it myself, So it would have been done right". Please keep it real

Here is one to start.
As we were packing up, Getting ready to come home. We loaded the boat on top of my Explorer. I hooked the straps to the rear of the boat and the to the bumper. I would do this so when I strapped the front it would put a lil pressure to hold the boat down. My brother had hooked the strap and ratcheted it tight to the front bumper. I figured my brother had the wits to do it right so I never checked it. We are on our almost 3 hour trek home when I noticed the boat moving some. It stuck out over the cab so I could see it well.
Anyway the boat started slowly moving straight up, So I got on the brakes and moved to the shoulder. So I got out and went to check to see what the heck the problem was. Huh Well! He hooked the hook on the end of the strap to the plastic molding on the front bumper, Which pulled loose from the bumper.
I was in the presence of my Grandad RIP. And told him of this story. He told me "Well Son 1 time I had a guy do something for me, And funny thing about it. He did it better than I did".
If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grandson was going to be nice and weedeat part of my yard with my weedeater. After a while I looked out and saw him beating my weedeater on the ground. I opened the door and asked what the heck he was doing. He said the string was getting short so I'm trying to make it bigger. Then I told him it doesn't work like that, you put pre-cut string in it. By then he had already cracked the bottom of the weedeater. This kid is responsible for 74% of the warning labels on commercial products.

K

Kentucky Kache

Me and a friend finished a job at a hotel. We loaded up the tools into the trailer and took off. In my mind, he secured the lock on the trailer doors. In his mind, I secured the lock. Guess who did secure the lock. Oh well, they sell 'em every day. Just glad the doors stayed closed. In this case, we both could have done better than the other. Communicate, and double check.

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard that buddy.
I prefer to do things right the first time. Instead of doing it over, and over, and over again. I am stuck there now!

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I always do most of my mechanic work,but last winter I got lazy, I guess. I took my vehicle to WalMart to have the oil changed. This next time when I went to change the oil again myself, I had a hard time removing the oil plug, they had crossthreaded it and I had to end up buying another plug. Thank goodness I didn't have to rethread the oil pan.I will do it myself from now on. rockhound

OP
OP
poorhunter78

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rockhound said:
I always do most of my mechanic work,but last winter I got lazy, I guess. I took my vehicle to WalMart to have the oil changed. This next time when I went to change the oil again myself, I had a hard time removing the oil plug, they had crossthreaded it and I had to end up buying another plug. Thank goodness I didn't have to rethread the oil pan.I will do it myself from now on. rockhound
Been there rockhound, I had worked at a Pennzoil oil change drivethrough fer a while. Somr of the things I had come across. 1 I remember like it was today, An older caravan came through, I heard it had a lil pingin comin from the bottom end. Thought Well they are a million miles overdue, I went to loosen the drain plug. Here was one of those drywall butterfly anchor's. The crank was rubbing it. So I showed the problem to the folks, Told them I could put a plug in it, So they acknowledged ok. So I got a plug that was a hair bigger and got it started and it threaded itself. What possesses people to do such a thing. The oil filter only needs just snugged. same with the drain plug. I know yer feeling. :thumbsup:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny but I don't evaluate 'what if I did it' better type situation
it is what it is when someone does something lol

guess I just don't care :laughing9: :laughing9:

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
A friend was helping me hook up a trailer to my truck, he stuck it on the ball but it didn't latch right. Drove about 20 miles to pick up a 4-wheeler. As we put the 4-wheeler on the trailer it came off the ball and slammed into my truck tailgate missing my sons head by inches. All that day the "what if's" ran through my head! Needless to say don't assume anything, that will get you or someone else killed.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard a long time ago there 'is no such thing as an accident'

I kinda think this is true cause 'all accidents' can be prevented truly....hmmm...do ya think?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions