rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took this to the artifact I.D. The person looking at all of everyones artifacts told me if they had a "Ugly" artifact contest I would of won! :laughing7: He said this is the ugliest Club Head he had ever seen. He then told all of us how it was created and used it was very interesting and fun.

Attachments

• SDC11072.JPG
    SDC11072.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 143
  • SDC11073.JPG
    SDC11073.JPG
    862.5 KB · Views: 142
Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was not that ugly when it was made , it was used till it was wore out. It a nice artifact and it does look a little rough:laughing7:

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to find one ,I wouldn't care if the darn thing was hideous.Maybe it was left rough around the edges for a reason?Neat piece

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd love to find one ,I wouldn't care if the darn thing was hideous.Maybe it was left rough around the edges for a reason?Neat piece

I did ask about a bit on it. One side is battered and he said that side probably had a bit on it but was used so much it broke off. Then as monster says used up and probably tossed. I remember the day I say it on the creek bottom and knew it was a ax head just by the shape. I snatched it up and said geez its ugly. I still have it cause its the only one I have ever found. I hope to upgrade it one day :)

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugly but so beautiful at the same time.Probably a very old one.Where do people usually find axe heads,creeks?

fongu

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, Rock. Beauty is in the eye of the finder.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ugly but so beautiful at the same time.Probably a very old one.Where do people usually find axe heads,creeks?

Well he called this one a "Club Head" I believe the difference is ax being used for wood and club probably used for hitting a animal in the head for killing it in the hunt maybe the last and final thing used to kill it. I have heard of people shooting deer and thinking they are dead then the animal wakes up. Hit it in the head with a stone club and that wont happen.

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool boss and I think rack explained it well nice story ;)

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well he called this one a "Club Head" I believe the difference is ax being used for wood and club probably used for hitting a animal in the head for killing it in the hunt maybe the last and final thing used to kill it. I have heard of people shooting deer and thinking they are dead then the animal wakes up. Hit it in the head with a stone club and that wont happen.
Or a person:violent1:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread