I Created a Monster!

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Over the River and thru the Woods...
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
After Izzy's great success yesterday (she whooped my butt :D), she was rarin' to get out there again today! While she did not do as well as she did yesterday, she did manage to pick off $1.10 in clad. I managed to find lots of "junque" and my one coin - an 1897 Indian Head. It's definitely seen better days but I'm elated since it's my very first IH. If the weather holds out, I'll be takin' Iz out again tomorrow to see if we can't pick off another oldie. At the rate she's going, I'll be having to play catch-up all year... :wink: :D

Thanks for stopping by and keep on swingin'... :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Iz1 (Small).jpg
    Iz1 (Small).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,522
  • 3 (Small).jpg
    3 (Small).jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1,527
  • 4 (Small).jpg
    4 (Small).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1,518
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No denying it!! She's a natural for sure~ :icon_queen:

WAY TO GO, IZZY!! :angel10:

And congrats on that first, Andy!! :thumbsup:

Nana :wink:

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Kimsdad Silverdrought said:
Congrats on your first Indian and on your hunting partner!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Keep that interest alive!

Thanks KD - she's definitely a good hunting partner - and the interest is holding with her - she loves the diggin'... :icon_sunny:
River Rat said:
WTG, Izzy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Just for you, you little angel :angel7:

Thanks darlin'! Big hugs to you from Iz... :toothy4:
Detectingfreak said:
I bet thats fun detecting with a member of your family! Nice job on the indian head penny!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks DF - she can be a handful at times, but it's always fun... ;D
davidtn said:
She's cuter 'n a speckled pup under a red wagon!

That she is David - thanks! :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
SC_hunter said:
Andy...Izzy handles that machine like a pro. Hope she whips you all year..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

At the rate she's going, she probably will... ;D I need to bring her relic huntin' with me - there's no tellin' what goodies she'll dig up... :D
mlayers said:
Cong to Izzy she doing great....Matt

I'll pass it on - thanks Matt... :thumbsup:
mountainplayer said:
Way to go DD. The IHP is my favorite coin...someday maybe I'll dig one. Its great that you have something in common with your daughter. Mutual hobbies are such a great way to keep close with your kids.

By the way, you are soooo SEXY. That's you in the avatar, right?

MP
Between diggin' and fishin' (you should see her jiggin' for Crappies :wink:), we stay busy. Thanks! :thumbsup:
Cynangyl said:
Great job on the Indian Head! Even greater job on bein such an awesome Daddy! You have an awesome partner there! Goooooo Izzy! You are doing SO good!! Keep beatin your Daddy!! ;D ;D

Keep eggin' her on Cyn ;D - she's lovin' all the replies. Big hugs all around... :icon_sunny:
Indyfan73 said:
ha. we all have had it happen to us. just rember she has a bed time and you dont

Thanks Indy - I'm all for her getting as good as she can be at her hobbies and such... ;D
Jeannie said:
Congratulations Izzy. How cute!! :toothy4:

Many thanks Jeannie! Good hunting... ;D

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Jack(IN) said:
Congrats on your first Indian and you gotta love that type of "monster"!! Nice way to spend some quality time!!

Thanks Jack - while I was very happy about the IH, I was happier that she had a blast again... ;D
TimC (AL) said:
That great! She's already whooped me this year. You go girl! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks so much Tim! Good to hear from you. I can only imagine the schoolin' she'll be dishing out in a few years. I'll be lucky to pull a memorial... :wink: :D
seger98 said:
Congratulations DD on the first Indian Head, hope there's alot more for you. That machine is darn near as big as IZZY. LOL :thumbsup:

Thanks Seger - I have the 150 as short as it will go. She does alright with the "underarm" style... :icon_sunny:
crazyjarhead said:
Congrats on creating a monster :D That's good to see young ones doing something fun and productive ::)

Many thanks CJ - I try to stay busy with outdoors type things with her. We rarely watch tv (almost never). If we're not outside messin' around, we're inside reading and such. No video games in this house... :wink: :thumbsup:
mpostma said:
Way to go!
Nice Indian Head and even Nicer Partner!
Priceless!

Good Luck,
Mark

Many thanks Mark! Happy hunting my friend... :thumbsup:

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How old is she, DDD?

I was 13 before I was swingin...DANG I got started Late! :-[

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's great that you got your daughter interested at an early age. It will be a hobby that she will enjoy for years. I did the same with my son, and we shared many great hunts together, and it was him that introduced me to TNet.

Can't wait to see the day that she finds an old coin, and you only find clad or junk. Again, congratulations, and many happy hours of swingin.

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
Nana40 said:
No denying it!! She's a natural for sure~ :icon_queen:

WAY TO GO, IZZY!! :angel10:

And congrats on that first, Andy!! :thumbsup:

Nana :wink:

Big hugs and a thank you Nana - straight from Izzy :sunny:

Pretty soon I'll have to get her a pair of "camos" to go diggin' in... :wink: :D
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Great Job on the IH Andy ... :thumbsup:

Congrat's ~ still looking for mine ...

~ Nick

It'll come to you soon my friend. Thanks so much Nick... :occasion14:

OP
OP
DD-777

DD-777

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Team Tesoro
BuckleBoy said:
How old is she, DDD?

I was 13 before I was swingin...DANG I got started Late! :-[

She'll be 6 on the 25th of this month (goin' on 16 :D) - I'm happy as can be that she really enjoys gettin' out there with me. Crappie season is upon us now as well - that's a total blast with her! :icon_sunny:
nebstater said:
It's great that you got your daughter interested at an early age. It will be a hobby that she will enjoy for years. I did the same with my son, and we shared many great hunts together, and it was him that introduced me to TNet.

Can't wait to see the day that she finds an old coin, and you only find clad or junk. Again, congratulations, and many happy hours of swingin.
Thanks for the kind words Neb. As much as she gets excited to dig just about anything, she does have a pretty good idea of what's real old and what's junk. My only real problem is trying not to kill any worms while cutting the plug - she's a nature lover... :wink: :D

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is doin just great, beatin Daddy! We got Jacob his own detector 2 years ao when he was 7 and he loves it your goin have to watch her though if Jeff didn't get over to the house to get him him he just rehunts their yard, it is so great to see the little ones out huntin !

Attachments

• cartoon-sun-thumb1008854.jpg
    cartoon-sun-thumb1008854.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 648

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Way to go Izzy. Congrats on all the coins you found. Oh yeah. You to on the IH penny.
Dman

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Izzy... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
DD she is very cute... how sweet you two going out Mding together.
youre a great dad for sure.
kell :duckie:

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great job sweetheart keep kickin your dads butt :thumbsup:

Cw

Twin Digger

Feb 13, 2009
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Go Izzy Go!!! Kick Daddy's Butt.

How's it going DD

Happy Hunting

Twin Digger

NOTE: At least you can get out and Dig. Not Yet still have 10-20 degree day's and alittle snow in Minnesota

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet :wink: Good to see your doing good and spreading the hobby :thumbsup:

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Good deal on your first IH. I was surprised last week when you told me you hadn't found one yet. That ones not that bad. You should have seen the first one I found....

Your daughter looks cute with that machine.

Bob

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread