I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Hello Everyone,

I reached my goal of 10,000 WHEATS!!!!!!!!!!!

I have searched about 540 boxes of pennies since Jan. 1, 2009. That is a whopping 1.35 million pennies, and untill Monday it was all done by hand.

I still have some coppers from the Ryedale to hand sort for more Wheats but I decided I would stay at the nice even # of 10,000 for a day or so. When I got my machine on Monday the counter read 639,000 it now reads 1,030,861. Thats 392,000 pennies in three days. I love this machine!!!!!

Well Here's to another 10,000 :occasion14:

Good luck all sorry if your wheats and copper percentages go down ;D

P.S. I have 25 boxes for tomorrow and then 100 boxes for next week!!!

This is addicting, its like I am refreshed all over again. Soon I will be pounding the dimes, going to try and hit 500 silver dimes for 2009.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Upvote 0

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shake-N-Bake said:
Congrats Jason. ;D
That is some machine you got there :wink: almost 400,000 in less than a week.
How is your hearing? Do you hear clack-clack-clack in your sleep?

Glad you got one, you got a good deal! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
cyberdan said:
Shake-N-Bake said:
Congrats Jason. ;D
That is some machine you got there :wink: almost 400,000 in less than a week.
How is your hearing? Do you hear clack-clack-clack in your sleep?

Glad you got one, you got a good deal! :thumbsup:

LOL!!! I will tell her you said HI!!! It has been pretty much flawless.

Thanks Dan :thumbsup:

Jason

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
I am amazed, when do you have time to sleep? :P I'm curious if you have found any nicer condition wheats, or any semi-key or key date wheats?

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Seagates said:
I am amazed, when do you have time to sleep? :P I'm curious if you have found any nicer condition wheats, or any semi-key or key date wheats?

Yes I have found AU red 1950's and also A few key dates including 1914D and 1909S. Also have found a bunch of semi-key dates. But most wheats found are in the 40's and 50's of course.

Jason

quick-silver

Feb 26, 2009
NY
that is crazy! congratulations on reaching your goal :thumbsup: can't wait to hear what your amounts are at the end of the year and good luck with the dimes!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Now that you've hit your goal of 10,00 whets for the year, you can stop now. And leave some for the REST of us slow searchers.

Hey, what did I tell you about the machine. It is AWESOME! And you've gone through a LOT of coin in three days. But it IS refreshing. A nd it DOES give you new energy to do coins. PLus, you get so many more DONE in the same time!

It's a great machine. Andy should bew going ot coin shows and selling HUNDREDS of them. (Of course, for US, I'm glad he is NOT! LOL. Too many like you and we'd ALL be out of wheats in a MONTH!)

Congrats Jason. Good job. NO - GREAT job.

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shake-N-Bake said:
Seagates said:

Yes I have found AU red 1950's and also A few key dates including 1914D and 1909S. Also have found a bunch of semi-key dates. But most wheats found are in the 40's and 50's of course.

Jason

Do you have any pics of the 1914-D as there were a number of counterfeits made of that one?

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Congrats on meeting your goal Shake. No easy task by any means. But it seems you have the help where you need it. Good goin.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Jack_Mightyheart said:
Congrats! So, what year was Wheat #10,000?

1944 I am actually going to mount it in a frame with a description saying "10,000th wheat found in the wild April 29th 2009"

I know it is corny but I am proud of this accomplishment.

Happy Hunting,
Jason

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Incredible! WTG Jason. But are you ready for a challenge??

Last year on this board we collectively accumulated 35,919 wheats. You've got a sporting chance to top that single handedly! We're a third of the way thru '09 and you're a third of the way to that total. Are you up for it? ;D

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Shake, I am with Immy. I say forget about the dimes....you are the wheat King. Now it does not seem like you are the type of guy to back down from a challenge. I too challenge you to beat the collective wheat total from last year. :o If anybody has the ability it is you. What do you say???? Or are you :duckie: (this is supposed to be a chicken) Come on shake what do you got? This is your chance to go into the Treasurenet record books for a long time.

Golden Silver

OP
OP
Shake-N-Bake

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Immy said:
Incredible! WTG Jason. But are you ready for a challenge??

Last year on this board we collectively accumulated 35,919 wheats. You've got a sporting chance to top that single handedly! We're a third of the way thru '09 and you're a third of the way to that total. Are you up for it? ;D

I don't know. This has been one huge rush but this pace is crazy!!! I was sorting about 30 hours a week doing the huge quantity by hand. The Rydale sure does help. My wife and I had a great rythum going today. She was ripping open wrappers and I was feeding the Ryedale, then the zinc went right from the Ryedale reject bin right into the Glory Mini sort to be counted and bagged up for the bank dump. We ended up doing 30 bags completely from start to finish in about 3 1/2 hours. We did aquire 637 more Wheats :thumbsup: It was a great persentage day for wheats and coppers. I am going to do another 12 boxes today and I have 40 boxes lined up for tomorrow.

Let me think about the challange a little over the weekend :icon_scratch: I have a problem, when I attampt something I kinda go crazy, actually REALLY crazy. The one reason why I have been hammering the wheats so strong because there was a post early in Jan. that was asking goals. I said 10,000 wheats and it was kinda commented later in the post that it wasn't a realistic goal. So I kinda went APE $&^t (fill in the blanks) :tongue3:

I will keep you posted.

Jason

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread