I discovered an old site!!!

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was doing some research online today and found out there was an old hospital for the insane a few miles from where I currently live. Never seen or heard about this before. Was at least 100 years ago. There is now a union hall exactly on the spot where the hospital once stood. So, I decided to give them a call.

A youngish sounding guy picked up the phone and he seemed a bit skeptical about me for some reason after I explained the story and my request to hunt. He said he didn't think it was possible because it was private property. So, sensing it going downhill, I then asked him who had the ultimate authority to yea or nay the request. He gave me that person's name.

I just sent a nice email a little while ago. Hope this one pans out guys. Could be some neat old stuff there. Some of it could even be historically important.

We'll see what happens. But man do I have the itch for that place now :headbang:

Attachments

• Penny Cartoon.jpg
    Penny Cartoon.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 489
  • Penny Cartoon.jpg
    Penny Cartoon.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 493
Upvote 0

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One things for sure......if you dont ask, the answer is no.......may the Force be with you bro. :icon_thumleft:

Kut2TheChase

Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000 NATO - Explorer SE
Man, I hope this works out for you. I have a hard time asking for permission, so far I get turned down.
If you do get it, I'd love to hunt with you, I'm not far in Roselle, exit 137 parkway.
Best of luck, I will pray to the treasure hunter spirit for you!

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
We have an abandoned asylum in Maryland too. I thought it would be a cool place to detect. I didn't find anything interesting. The inmates were not hanging around outside all the time, they probably had most of their possessions confiscated for their own protection. Aside from the custodian pulling out his keyring now and then, there are probably few places that have less opportunity for lost goodies. (Your mileage may vary).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions