DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not trying to start a fuss or nothing.But I am new to this site.And recently I asked a question about hut digging under the metal detecting forum.And somebody sent me a PM.When I clicked the message, it wasn't the name that sent it to me.But it was some other name, with some bullshit talking about knowing or not knowing digging graves or some crap like that. All I can say is, the ol-boy must not have spent enough time in the field.Because if he did he would have some idea of what i was talking about.I aint no expert or nothing,but instead of pointing fingers,Mabey he should pick up a machine and actualy leaRN HOW TO DIG and know somthing about it. Ass makes Assume with U and me!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome & Good Morning Diglron2 !

sorry for your experience.

In the future if you receive a PM you feel was out of Line,

there are a few options.

Reply back, tell them you don't appreciate it & to cease PM'ing you.

If they continue, Or if you wish us to warn them there is a REPORT POST Option

Untitled3.gif

click the Triangle & explain. If we agree we will Warn them or take
more appropriate action.

again ! Sorry for your experience & welcome to treasureNet :thumbsup:

Jeff

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guy just struck a nerve,thats all, no problem.thank you though! ,And thanks for this site.A site like this makes the internet worth having!

Last edited:

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am not trying to start a fuss or nothing.But I am new to this site.And recently I asked a question about hut digging under the metal detecting forum.And somebody sent me a PM.When I clicked the message, it wasn't the name that sent it to me.But it was some other name, with some bullshit talking about knowing or not knowing digging graves or some crap like that. All I can say is, the ol-boy must not have spent enough time in the field.Because if he did he would have some idea of what i was talking about.I aint no expert or nothing,but instead of pointing fingers,Mabey he should pick up a machine and actualy leaRN HOW TO DIG and know somthing about it. Ass makes Assume with U and me!!!

Welcome to Tnet!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PMs are private, that is unless a member objects to one received and reports them then mods will get involved.

Anytime any member gets a pm they consider out of line please report it...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
huts often were long term or winter living quarters for the military soldiers of the civil war * the hut sites are oten rich in artifacts from the soldiers --they are not "grave sites" at all --someone clearly has no ideal about what they were "complaining" about. :icon_scratch:

met422

Tenderfoot
Jan 8, 2014
Cornville, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same thing happened to me, posted a newbie question and got some PM from an angry person. Just like in high school, I am not allowed to hang with the cool kids! I did get some good advice from the quality people here though.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sorry you had the problem. Some folks just try a little to hard to be the man. I had something similar happen. I moved on and hopefully they will too.

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same thing happened to me, posted a newbie question and got some PM from an angry person. Just like in high school, I am not allowed to hang with the cool kids! I did get some good advice from the quality people here though.
Hi met422, I always say: don't let (1) 'grump' ruin it for all the 'good people' you will meet and share with here. ;)

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sorry that happened to you but stick around,most everyone here are good peeps and very helpful.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
I always say, "don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff"

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You can post anywhere you want :thumbsup:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always say, "don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff"

Eeewwwwhhh!!!!!! Kidding Creskol

Welcome newbies! You will find the overwhelming majority of people on this site are great people, nice and very helpful, so have fun and enjoy!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread