I don't get no Kick from Champagne! But I love Metal Detecting!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are many reasons our hobby is so fulfilling, exciting, and fun. Ask a dozen detectorists what their favorite thing about metal detecting is, and you are very likely to get twelve different answers. Personally, I get my biggest kick โ€“ the most fulfillment, from turning others on to the hobby and helping them learn.

This morning I got a call from Gaelle, in Connecticut, who told me she found my number on the web while researching what machine to buy. She is very excited and motivated to get into the hobby but felt overwhelmed by all the choices. What brand, what type of machine, what frequency and why? We had a nice conversation while I sipped my coffee and asked a few questions. I learned we both like photography, and that she sometimes hangs out at Silver Sands beach, and Charles Island on Long Island Sound. I know - and have detected the beach and island (which is a bird sanctuary accessible at low tide by foot), so I was able to explain why she will need a multi-frequency unit, rather than a single-freq VLF, or pulse induction machine.

We talked about sand scoops and diggers, kneepads, pinpointers, finds bags, gloves, and wetsuits. After I had answered her questions I turned her on to my buddy, and Treasurenet sponsor, Keith Leppert, at Fort Bedford Metal Detectors. When we hung up I felt energized and happy. Gaelle was so appreciative and thankful for the information I had given her, and I know I have saved her some money, time, and frustration.
While we, the Treasurenet community, never agree on everything, we can all agree that the fellowship in our hobby is strong and real. I have met so many good people through this forum and, have had the real pleasure of detecting with more than a few of you. Today, life is good!:skullflag:

Two of Gaelle's photographs: Charles Island; Gulls at Silver Beach

Attachments

• IMG_3383.jpg
    IMG_3383.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_6216.jpg
    IMG_6216.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 40

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well said Terry, well said!! She is in good hands with Fort Bedford, Keith's customer support has been amazing as the learning curve on my GPX has been steep!

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry, you're a great example of what people should do for others, Great Job!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Terry. It sounds like you pointed her in the right direction. Those are 2 beautiful pictures.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a few of you that I have had the pleasure of detecting with!:hello2:

Attachments

• aq1.jpg
    aq1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 53
  • beach1.JPG
    beach1.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 34
  • HistoryChanShoot31012 062.jpg
    HistoryChanShoot31012 062.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 50
  • nwp1.jpg
    nwp1.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 33
  • jb2.jpg
    jb2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 35
  • J11.jpg
    J11.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG-20121118-00219.jpg
    IMG-20121118-00219.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG00898-20120721-1135.jpg
    IMG00898-20120721-1135.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 35
  • jones72311 032.jpg
    jones72311 032.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 34
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 32
  • T Team.jpg
    T Team.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 71

naturenut

Jan 30, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grateful : )

There are many reasons our hobby is so fulfilling, exciting, and fun. Ask a dozen detectorists what their favorite thing about metal detecting is, and you are very likely to get twelve different answers. Personally, I get my biggest kick โ€“ the most fulfillment, from turning others on to the hobby and helping them learn.

This morning I got a call from Gaelle, in Connecticut, who told me she found my number on the web while researching what machine to buy. She is very excited and motivated to get into the hobby but felt overwhelmed by all the choices. What brand, what type of machine, what frequency and why? We had a nice conversation while I sipped my coffee and asked a few questions. I learned we both like photography, and that she sometimes hangs out at Silver Sands beach, and Charles Island on Long Island Sound. I know - and have detected the beach and island (which is a bird sanctuary accessible at low tide by foot), so I was able to explain why she will need a multi-frequency unit, rather than a single-freq VLF, or pulse induction machine.

We talked about sand scoops and diggers, kneepads, pinpointers, finds bags, gloves, and wetsuits. After I had answered her questions I turned her on to my buddy, and Treasurenet sponsor, Keith Leppert, at Fort Bedford Metal Detectors. When we hung up I felt energized and happy. Gaelle was so appreciative and thankful for the information I had given her, and I know I have saved her some money, time, and frustration.
While we, the Treasurenet community, never agree on everything, we can all agree that the fellowship in our hobby is strong and real. I have met so many good people through this forum and, have had the real pleasure of detecting with more than a few of you. Today, life is good!:skullflag:

Two of Gaelle's photographs: Charles Island; Gulls at Silver Beach

Terry, I can't thank you enough for your kindness and taking the time to provide all the incredible info to a newbie like me!
Look forward to detecting with you in the future someday : )

Attachments

• IMG_2957.JPG
    IMG_2957.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2895.jpg
    IMG_2895.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 33

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Aww Terry, you're fun to detect with. Hopefully my sister can get something else going in Tarrytown or Sleepy Hollow again this year. If she does I'll keep you posted.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ambassador of treasure "Terry solomon" !! You are to be commended for all your kindness....and I haven't even detected with you yet. Great work that truly is what it's all about !!

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, I can't thank you enough for your kindness and taking the time to provide all the incredible info to a newbie like me!
Look forward to detecting with you in the future someday : )

Hey! So glad you joined the forum!! Looking forward to getting together for a hunt!:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread