negative effect on each other every time they post
their finds. I guess they don't realize that for every
score they post, they are inadvertently assuring that
there will be more people in the world trying to beat
them at their game. shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

There are way more people reading and acting on
this than are posting here. I posted once what I
found and vowed to never post again, but I think
it may be too late. My tellers don't even call anymore.

Upvote 0

WormtownFJR

Jan 27, 2009
Re: I don't understand why

Interesting isn't it? The whole concept of this forum is almost self-defeating. But most look at CRH as a hobby and not some sort of life and death; dog eat dog competition. The metal detecting community is at large is a much more social community with members getting together and enjoying their hobby. CRH is a soloist activity.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010

People who are CRH are here anyway. Some random person does not just pop on this site and say, "Hey, that sounds like a good idea...." Now the people who post videos on YouTube are not thinking very clearly as that is where a person who knows nothing about CRH can stumble on to this hobby. I am one of them. Never heard of CRH before and was looking at Metal Detecting Videos and saw a dime CRH vid on related links on the sidebar. I now do a huge amount of dimes and have filled a full roll of 50 for the past 7 weeks straight. My advice - NEVER put something on YouTube as you will most certainly draw more people into the game who otherwise knew nothing of CRH.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009

actually since the post is mostly us i would say a more negative impact is bragging and making tellers aware. [cherry picking and only asking for halves helps makes tellers aware, bringing your halves back in to the same bank after going thru them in the parking lot doesnt help either nor does tying up a machine for an hour once a week with halves]

dave5710

Mar 7, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
T-2 Garrett Pro Pointer

Are you saying we should put a bounty on the heads, of CRHers that don't post on here. Many may try, most will get discouraged and stop. I will never have all the silver in the world. "WE" will never have all the in the world. So lets have fun, enjoy ourselves and put away a little bit for the future.

OP
OP
pronghorn

pronghorn

Jan 7, 2008

MentalUnrest said:
Some random person does not just pop on this site and say,
"Hey, that sounds like a good idea...."

Oh yes they do, how do you think I got into CRH.

I had a bad day yesterday and needed to vent,
sorry for the whine.

fistfull is right, share the wealth, tell everyone!

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's why we are here

please pay your bill in silver :tongue3:

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2

The way things are going there will be a lot dropping out of the game. Only a few LUCKY finds happening. I see in my area a stunning drop in SILVER!!!!! >:( >:( >:(

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have also seen a drop in the silver in my area. I have only found 1 40%er in thenlast 20 boxes of halfs that I have gone thur. tonight I got 2 dimes boxes and no silver again. Maybe next week I will find something.....Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread