I doubt you would ever see one of these!

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
Portland, Oregon/ I travel
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
V3i xlt dfx gmt mxt f75 Exp SE ace 150 Umax etrac goldmaster coinmaster Cz-5 Cz-3D Goldengate 3D BH 300 ctx 3030 jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• english penny half.jpg
    english penny half.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 176
  • english penny half reverise.jpg
    english penny half reverise.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:
Upvote 2

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Nice find Jamesbondaka. I just spent 30 minutes or so searching the net and found one exactly like yours. The finder posted (1967 one penny/ half dollar) a question on what it was and got: (Thu Feb 16, 2012) Look at the edge closely, you might be able to see a "crease", this is the work of a person with a lot of time on their hands. It's interesting but didn't happen at the mint, so it's a novelty coin. Now, that might sound logical but you also have one? Interesting...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif
Nice find Jamesbondaka. I just spent 30 minutes or so searching the net and found one exactly like yours. The finder posted (1967 one penny/ half dollar) a question on what it was and got: (Thu Feb 16, 2012) Look at the edge closely, you might be able to see a "crease", this is the work of a person with a lot of time on their hands. It's interesting but didn't happen at the mint, so it's a novelty coin. Now, that might sound logical but you also have one? Interesting...

Which suggests manufacturing & mass production, not a guy in his shed.

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice coin! I found a1967 large cent from britan , looks just like this coin. I loved the find too! I posted it on an earlier post. HH

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
oops, sorry ,I do have the coin I stated,but the back is not like this one...I posted to quick ,then read it again...Nice coin....

Vonclemen29

Apr 15, 2013
Central mississippi
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter commando, minelab xterra 505 9", 6" coil, minelab pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that's crazy. Had to be a magicians coin^. Pretty cool find.

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could see a counterfeiter making these, then filling a .50 cent coin roll with English pennies and then placing the counterfeit eagle coins facing out on both ends. If the receiving bank or store didn't check the roll, except for peeking on the ends, they got ripped off! Why else would anyone go to all of the trouble? Very cool and interesting find. Happy Hunting, Sub

OP
OP
Jamesbondaka

Jamesbondaka

Mar 18, 2010
Portland, Oregon/ I travel
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
V3i xlt dfx gmt mxt f75 Exp SE ace 150 Umax etrac goldmaster coinmaster Cz-5 Cz-3D Goldengate 3D BH 300 ctx 3030 jeohunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coin_collection.gif

Thank you.

I do not know who made it or why....Its just very well made indeed! As said......Probably, a magic type coin. Its been in the ground for some time as to eat all the "silver" off the reverse eagle side.

Whatever the case....I like it!

Thanks all!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread