I Drove 16 Miles For THIS?

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Aboard a UFO, hovering over South Carolina...
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My yard is turning up nothing but trash, so I decided to actually go for a little ride. First I went to this abandoned school, but spotted a "No Trespassing" sign, so I got skeerd & left.

Then I cruised by this little town park, but there were some official trucks parked out front, so I got skeerd & left.

Finally, I went by this private property that I already had permission to hunt from a lady I go to church with. After some SUPER hard digging, I managed my first quarter, my 4th zincoln, & little die-cast car. And only a 16-mile trip, no less! :laughing9:

Had to give up, cuz the ground is absolutely undiggable! It's obvious I'm not gonna be able to do any treasure hunting till we get some rain, but at least I know this thing is working.

quarterzincolncar1.jpg

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
SirJoey

SirJoey

Aug 9, 2010
Aboard a UFO, hovering over South Carolina...
Detector(s) used
White's Classic 5 ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanx, yeah the little car is kinda kool, I guess. At least I didn't get skunked! :hello2:
I just can't wait till we get some ground-softening rain!

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

terpfan

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Maryland/ NC
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know what you mean about the dry ground. Our ground is so hard here that it is nearly undiggable. I guess I'll need a new hobby until we get a good soaking rain. Meanwhile, I'll get my metal detecting fix by reading posts here on TNET.

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
be glad it was only 16 miles. In February I traveled 2 1/2 hours each way to the beach, detected for 5 hours... and came home with 51 cents.

F

Felinepeachy

Oh come on, that's not so bad. I drove 450 miles last week to find a single 1919 wheatie. But I did get to meet a really great fellow Tnetter so it made the whole trip worth it.
Laie_83.gif

vanoldschool

Dec 1, 2005
Port Orchard, Wa
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Whites DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep at it persitance will pay off, last two months were not that great then 7 wheaties yesterday and a silver ring today! thats the way it goes

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheez, you mean that hurricane that just went up the east coast didn't put any rain in South Carolina??

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you're up and running, that detector was giving you a fit for a while!!! I'm in NC and can sympathize with you on the rain issue. It sure has been dry all summer long and strarting out that way this fall. I'm trying to figure out a way to carry a jack-hammer with me when I go detecting, but they are a bit heavy :laughing9: Going to the beach again tommorrow, at least the surf will be wet. HH Gene

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SirJoey said:

Thanx, yeah the little car is kinda kool, I guess. At least I didn't get skunked! :hello2:
I just can't wait till we get some ground-softening rain!

Raining here now.
started overnight supposed to
rain today through tonite also.

I Like finding those little cars,
don't think I Owned any as a kid.
do remember seeing them in the 5 & 10
but only thing I remember buying
was candy & Ice cream sodas at the
soda counter of course.

locolarry

Aug 7, 2010
Cary, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di PRO, WHITES GOLDMASTER 66TR, DETECTOR PRO HEADHUNTER
SirJoey said:

My yard is turning up nothing but trash, so I decided to actually go for a little ride. First I went to this abandoned school, but spotted a "No Trespassing" sign, so I got skeerd & left.

***Find out where the school board is and go ask 'em..it's harder to turn you down in person than on the 'phone...find a secretary and give her your 'ole puppy dog look and ask!

Then I cruised by this little town park, but there were some official trucks parked out front, so I got skeerd & left.

*** GET OUT OF THE TRUCK! go find someone...pick out the friendliest lookin' one and say " Could a poor fella with no job look around in the park with a metal detector? I promise not to leave any holes"?...

Finally, I went by this private property that I already had permission to hunt from a lady I go to church with. After some SUPER hard digging, I managed my first quarter, my 4th zincoln, & little die-cast car. And only a 16-mile trip, no less! :laughing9:

Go Back...Go back...go back...

Congrats on the successful trip! gets better as YOU do!

LocoMentorLarry

Had to give up, cuz the ground is absolutely undiggable! It's obvious I'm not gonna be able to do any treasure hunting till we get some rain, but at least I know this thing is working.

quarterzincolncar1.jpg

The Lord Is My Shepherd!
sirjoeysigmedij1.gif

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know man, that's a pretty sweet car.

Sometimes the hunts just don't produce well. I've pulled some toy cars out too, they always read 50 cent or dollar on my machine, so I get all excited. Then I realize it's just a toy car, and I move on.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread