tngirl

Mar 16, 2012
N. Middle Tennessee
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266x & 1280 Aquanaut, White's XLT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been so hot and dry that most of my hunting has been limited to the swim areas lately. I've been several times but didn't find anything but clad and bobby pins until today. About 12 bobby pins into the hunt I found this class ring - it's the first ring I've found that didn't come from a gumball machine!:laughing7: About 15 minutes later I found the locket. It's 14 kt gold filled, but most of the gold is worn off. All the earrings are junk, but still fun to find! The class ring is from a town about 20 miles from here, so I shouldn't have too much trouble tracking down the owner. I don't know if they could be any more excited to get it back than I was to find it! HH

Attachments

• classringa.jpg
    classringa.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 153
  • lake7-7-12.jpg
    lake7-7-12.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 161
Upvote 4
Congrats. Please update us if you track down the ring's owner.

And yeah... dry dirt has been rough lately!

Congrats on the ring ! Good luck with the return .
Glen

Good luck on returning it.

Thanks guys. I have contacted a friend in that town and they are trying to find someone who works at the school that can help me find the owner.

Nice Job tngirl. Nice ring too..

Great score on the class ring tngirl :thumbsup: hunting in the water I consider my only option these days cause land detecting is out of the question in this heat ;D

Great score on the class ring tngirl :thumbsup: hunting in the water I consider my only option these days cause land detecting is out of the question in this heat ;D
Same here! It was 109 one day last week.....The same week the air conditioner on my Blazer bit the dust :laughing7:.

Same here! It was 109 one day last week.....The same week the air conditioner on my Blazer bit the dust
Nice job TNgirl. So grounds hard? And not sure if your a morning person but I get up early and no sun and I am able to make it to 930ish before it's get bad here. But a light on the head might work too...i.e. pre-dawnish....:( about A/C

Nice job TNgirl. So grounds hard? And not sure if your a morning person but I get up early and no sun and I am able to make it to 930ish before it's get bad here. But a light on the head might work too...i.e. pre-dawnish....:( about A/C
I've been trying to get to the swim area by 6 am. The swimmers start packing in about 8:30. We haven't had much more than a sprinkle of rain in over a month, so I would have to use a jack hammer to dig in anything besides the sand.:laughing9:

That's the way to do it...Dang, that's a nice one. Congratulations!!!

DANGLANGLEY

Last edited:
Congrats on your Finds,,I know finding junk is better than nails,bobby pins,I know the Feeling!!!!!:icon_thumleft:

Wow, 1st ring and it's a nice one, keep us informed on finding the owner. CONGRATS!!

Congrats on the find tngirl and good luck finding the owner of the ring! The only better feeling than the find is finding the owner and seeing the smile you bring to them when you return it! Wonderful feeling. Again congrats.:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back