I finally found some war nickels this year!

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prior to today I had searched through 3 boxes ($300) and found zero silver war nickels. I generally get one per box.

Today I picked up another box and found 3. Not a bad start to February! There was one 1943P and two 1945P.

I also asked this bank to order me two boxes of halves for next week. So now I will be getting 5 boxes of halves per week for a total of $2500 each week. That's a lot of money!

Good luck to everyone else!

Upvote 0

noebody

Dec 9, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE....Excalibur coming soon
I got a few boxes of nickles the other day, Got only one silver and a few third world coins. I dont see how you hunt the nickles, about half way thru the first box I wish I had got dimes.

OP
OP
bazinga

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
noebody said:
I got a few boxes of nickles the other day, Got only one silver and a few third world coins. I dont see how you hunt the nickles, about half way thru the first box I wish I had got dimes.

I hunt the nickels because even if I don't find any silver I can usually get about 30 pre-1960 per box.

Plus, dimes only take me about 10min to search through an entire box. If they are clear wrappers it lasts about 2min for it all.

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
I too like the nickels, I went through a box to day, found one war nickel 1943 P and one 1938 D, (thats the 3rd 38D I have found). The thing I like about nickels and pennies is that the boxes are cheap, with halves Ive got $500 tied up till I return the coins. Although many times I return the coins (I dont want) the same or next day. Anyway, keep up the good work!

Searcher

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread