I Finally Got My Search Over Some Good Virgin Ground

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I first headed out to a site that I've hit several times before to see if there were any silver coins left. As I was walking down the driveway to go and detect the backyard, I heard a voice say, who's there and what do you want? I said that I've detected this yard several times before. He said detecting for what? I told him that I don't know what's going on, but I have permission to detect this yard. He said come on in the security door is unlock.

When I entered I saw a old man sitting on the couch with a oxygen mask on, a quart of beer on the coffee table, and trash can full of neatly sacked empty beer bottles sitting beside him. Long story short, he just got out of rehab and his worthless son and some other people moved in and took most of his stuff while he was gone. Lucky for me he remembers me talking with him while he was out for a walk one day and that he gave me permission to detect his yard.

Anyway after I heard all the sad stuff that happened to him I preceded to the backyard to do grid search it. I found a wheat penny or two before I finally cornered a silver Rosie on the backside of the clothesline. I hated to leave the shaded backyard but I knew that I was wasting my time at that site, so I decided to head out to virgin ground.

At the new virgin ground site, it didn't take long before I got my search coil over a 1956 Washington quarter. Just a little while later I found another 1956 Washington quarter. I love finding silver quarters.

I sent the next hour or so digging mostly wheat pennies. I found a total of 20 of them for the day. I figured if I kept on digging I'd get some more silver. Finding wheat pennies always keeps me spurred on. Finally I got a little high tone out of all the trash tones and popped a 1940 Mercury dime.

Hungry for more silver I worked around a the old oak tree and got an unusual auto tone and ID numbers. I decided to dig and out pops a Rosie dime. After scanning the hole several times, I found 3 wheat pennies and a memorial penny. That's what made the Rosie sound so strange.

Anyway it's hot out there and I'll be taking a break from detecting tomorrow.

Oh yeah, on a previous hunt that I didn't post because I didn't find any silver, I found a 1903 Indian Head penny, a 1895 V Nickel and a 1933 Buffalo Nickel.

tabman

Attachments

• IMG_1945.JPG
    IMG_1945.JPG
    635.8 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_1946.JPG
    IMG_1946.JPG
    302.4 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1948.JPG
    IMG_1948.JPG
    682.5 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1950.JPG
    IMG_1950.JPG
    352.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1951.JPG
    IMG_1951.JPG
    667.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1953.JPG
    IMG_1953.JPG
    330.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_1954.JPG
    IMG_1954.JPG
    657 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1956.JPG
    IMG_1956.JPG
    333.9 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1957.JPG
    IMG_1957.JPG
    644.1 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_1958.JPG
    IMG_1958.JPG
    298.7 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_1960.JPG
    IMG_1960.JPG
    428.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1964.JPG
    IMG_1964.JPG
    342.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1965.JPG
    IMG_1965.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 32

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gratz Tab! Nice finds.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a plain out fantastic hunt.....Congrats !!

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gratz Tab! Nice finds.
Thanks! I get lucky every once in awhile.

Just a plain out fantastic hunt.....Congrats !!
Thanks! Some days are better than others.

Congrats on the silver and other finds
Thanks! I never get tired of seeing silver coins being unearthed.

Really nice digs! Gott'a love all that silver. Congrats.
Thanks! The site didn't look like it would produce much, but it did.

Great job on a nice little Silver Gathering.
Congratulations
Thanks! I probably didn't put a dent in the amount silver coins at that site, because it was really trashy. The only way to get it all, is to dig it all. Masking hides a lot.

tabman

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I love finding silver quarters"...Tabman those are my favorite, you get that extra little surprise when you see bigger silver in the hole..congrats on another great day out...btw, do you have a total or a group pic of all your 2017 silver? Thx...Ddf

Rustic

Jul 10, 2015
western MA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, Tabman, that's a lot of silver for one hunt, fantastic! I'd love to find 5 silver's in one hunt. Congrats on such a good day. By the way, I like your pics, too, they are really clear....

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"I love finding silver quarters"...Tabman those are my favorite, you get that extra little surprise when you see bigger silver in the hole..congrats on another great day out...btw, do you have a total or a group pic of all your 2017 silver? Thx...Ddf
Thanks! No, I sure don't. I found 252 silver coins last year in 102 hunts. I didn't go detecting for nearly 5 months because I burned myself out. I'm pacing myself better this year.

Wow, Tabman, that's a lot of silver for one hunt, fantastic! I'd love to find 5 silver's in one hunt. Congrats on such a good day. By the way, I like your pics, too, they are really clear....
Thanks! LOL, I use a Canon PowerShot SD600 6MP Digital Elph Camera that I bought on eBay for around $15 dollars shipped, because I don't want to worry about my IPhone or my more expensive camera getting messed up out in the field. BTW, I keep the megapixels set low on the camera where it's easy to load them on to the sites.

tabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread