mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all. I made a very interesting find tonight out of a Garda box of dimes. Nearing the end of this box, i saw a dark edge and almost ignored it. Decided to pull it from the roll and saw a seated lady staring back at me. Let out a big YEAH! My wife, who was cooking in the kitchen came running in. She was not amused. Anyway, someone a long time ago turned this particular dime into a love token and probably had it hanging on a chain or string. Still, it's my very 1st seated anything out of a roll and a nice historical find. Thanks for reading and looking. HH-MM2 I'm working on adding pics, give me a few minutes.

Attachments

• DSCN4779-001.JPG
    DSCN4779-001.JPG
    73.1 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN4780.JPG
    DSCN4780.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
OP
OP
mountainman 2

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the comments. I almost missed it with the rim being so black. My oldest silver dime before this was a 1901 Barber found out of a brinks box. There was one other silver in this box, a 64-D. Wish i could make out what those initials are; i can't read the old victorian script.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is very cool!! Love that design, and you can see somebody took good care of it (until it was dumped into a coin machine. lol)

Great find for sure! Congrats on your membership into the club, I just got my membership notice as well!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread