I finally realized today.....

lakillian

Dec 29, 2006
Winfield, WV
Detector(s) used
Exp II, Prism V, Ace 250
I don't know how to metal detect LOL. But I will keep trying!!!!!!!

My husband's boss let me detect his yard today. My husband and the boys went fishing in the pond. They caught 7 fish between them.

The very first thing I found was a 1946 D Wheatie and then I found 3 other pennies and a dime. Then I found about 5 pieces of trash. My back was killing me and I was very hot so I stopped. This is an old house there has to be some neat things in the ground but of course I didn't find them.

It was fun trying though!

Upvote 0

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
should be pretty easy with the Ace 250.. listen for the high tones ( I call money tones except for nickels are a medium tone same with gold) just put on relic or jewelry pre set an keep the coil tight to the ground... also keep sensitivity at 4 no more then 5 bars ..

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
At least you got the opportunity to detect! Hang in there and stay positive! Worse thing you can do is go out and get disgruntled... it's sure to lead to a bad day. Stick to it... stay positive... and you will have the goodies before you know it! :thumbsup:

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You dug nine items. You know how to detect. Grab a silver dime, throw it on the ground, pass your coil over it. Trial and error. You'll get there, don't worry, and don't give up. And don't EVER go to the World News and Events area. There's always the first. First Wheatie. First silver dime. First Indian Cent. They'll keep coming, only if you look. soon you'll be posting enough stuff to start pis*ing us off. :wink: Strive for that moment in time.
Carl

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont give up ....................if you found one thing then your doing something right so keep at it......remember if all else fails dig everything that makes a noise ,even junk gives a sound an once you get into diggin everything you'll start getting things ,atleast thats what I was told an this newbie is startin to find stuff.............DONT GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.......... :icon_thumright:

joey

Mar 27, 2005
boston, ga
Detector(s) used
discovery 1100
trust me it is very addicting hang in there you will get the hang of it the best way to learn anything is hands on experince!

nova

Jan 10, 2009
Utah
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT //Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody said treasure was easy to find. I have more bum M.D :dontknow: days than good. :icon_scratch: I just enjoy the hobby rather I get skunked or not. At least I can say I tried. B.L.N.T (better luck next time).
Nova.

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
beetle662 said:
At least you got the opportunity to detect! Hang in there and stay positive! Worse thing you can do is go out and get disgruntled... it's sure to lead to a bad day. Stick to it... stay positive... and you will have the goodies before you know it! :thumbsup:
POSITIVE ATTITUDE is EVERYTHING!!! when hunting treasure. I have hunted since about 1983 and have had days where i found nothing. And on the flipside, I've had days where i found 3 Civil War plates/buckles in about 1 hr of hunting. You are a prime candidate for "beginner's luck". I'm sure before the year is out , we will be drooling over one of your finds and may see it on the banner. Hang in there and dont be discouraged...Good Luck and HH.

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everybody has to dig their share of trash
before they hit the treasure.
Hang in there it will happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread