I finaly got some silver!

BeerBelly

May 6, 2008
Nevada
I stopped by my bank to do my business, and asked again if I could order boxes of halves. The teller directed me to the manager, who said yes, she would order boxes for me, and there would be no charge. :thumbsup: (The last time I asked, they said no.)

I decided to stop by BofA, which is on the way home, and picked up $8.00 in loose halves. As soon as she put them on the counter to count them out I spotted silver. Out of 16 coins, I ended up with a 66, a 67 and a bicentenial. My first 2 40% coins!

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Nice work!

And grats on placing the first order as well.

I hope you get a lot of keepers in that box!

Let us know how you do.

~Dave

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job!
Don't worry about keeping the bicentennial though. You'll see enough of those to make your eyes bleed!

Happy Hunting!

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
Picking up my two boxes from Wells Fargo yesterday and the teller mentions how he used to have 2 bicentenial halves but had to use them in a toll booth. So as I go through the boxes I pull out 2 bicentenails as well as 2 90%ers and 17 40%ers. Not too bad for cwi boxes. Anyways I went back to pick up my dime boxes and gave him the 2 bicentenials. He insisted on paying me for them and said he would keep an eye out for any old coins that come in. I may not ever get anything else but hey if a couple of clad coins can make somebodies day then why not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread