I followed a lead and scored 5 Bens.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I scored $75.00 in $5.00 Silver Certificates from a Conveinence Store Saturday that just came from the bank. My first question was, what bank was it. I went there today and asked if they had anymore bills, they said no they went fast. So I asked for Halves and large Dollar coins, three tellers coughed up their halves and Ikes and said they were happy to get rid of them, so they don't have to count them. I got 3 Ike Dollars and $8.00 in Halves, 5 of the Halves were Ben Franklin Halves, I could just hear the Silver dancing on the counter before I got it. I asked if the person that turned the old bills in, did they turn any roll change in, they did not know. I assume the Bens came from them.

Attachments

• IMG_8929.JPG
    IMG_8929.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 381
Upvote 0

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright:

I wish that I could find the 1956 ben to fill a hole.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Genuine score! No way the tellers here would give that up. Serious silver blocks we have here in the North!

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, u had a good day all around

silversearcher

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2010
I could just hear the Silver dancing on the counter before I got it. I asked if the person that turned the old bills in, did they turn any roll change in, they did not know. I assume the Bens came from them.
[/quote]

Awesome Find :icon_thumright:Can't wait to find my first Ben!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread