I found a head !

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was alittle strange to say the least , I am getting ready to trade in my mxt for a garret gti 2500 this weekend and thought id take the mxt out one last time , I hit a mixed signal ,alittle iron and alittle non -ferous sound , at this old site dating way back to around early 1800's and when I dug the plug all I could see was a big chunk of iron so out curiousity I pulled it out and could make out a face through the rust and low and behold it was a head not sure where the rest of it is at but it looks really old and is solid iron and weighs about 2 lbs .So thought id post its kind of freaky looking . Not sure what it went to be definitly a unique find ....

Attachments

• head.jpg
    head.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 718
  • head2.jpg
    head2.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 721
Upvote 0

deepbeep

Jun 11, 2009
Bolivar, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Now there is something I have never gotten while out metal detecting ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o .......I am sorry.....there was just no way to pass that one up!

Tim

jrsherman

Oct 15, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Etrac
That is certainly unique, I think i'd keep it if it was something I found! Nice find!

zztop357

Jun 9, 2007
Better look around :dontknow: I'm sure someone lost their head :laughing7:. Or at least their marbles :thumbsup:
I can honestly say I've never found one of those anywhere :laughing7: Nice find!!! I hope you find the rest of him/her!!
HH, zztop

F

Felinepeachy

That would have freaked me out! Reminds me of when I went fishing one time and thought I had a big fish. I struggled and struggled and finally a big dead sheep popped up. Scared the crap out of me. :tard:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your head is better than the one I found at the beach a few years ago-

Attachments

• goat head lauderdale.jpg
    goat head lauderdale.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 396
  • goat head lauderdale.jpg
    goat head lauderdale.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 386

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the goat head was santaria "voodoo" style "offering" -- the iron head might be from a old "family" type graveyard area (angel statue*) if you where near a area that might have a family graveyard that is.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I remember the time I found the head off a statue and posted it on this forum. Man what an uproar that caused because of a typo.

That is a really cool find!!!!! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread