I found a Lincoln cent in my yard today!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thing is.. I have hunted my yard hundreds of times, and I thought there was nothing left, I know this for sure, because my Bounty Hunter and ACE 350 have told me so. My AT Pro arrived today, courtesy of Bart at Big Boy Hobbies. I was stunned to find a penny, right in the middle of my back yard! I think back to the dozens of permissions that I have hunted before, and I know that there is more that I left behind. I cant wait to learn this machine, hope to show off some goodies soon! HH!!

Upvote 6

killroy

Feb 5, 2015
douglass,ks
Detector(s) used
AT Gold AT Pro ACE 150 Fisher F11 AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
once you learn pro mode you will find
a lot more. I found my first quarter
in pro mode around 10 inches:laughing7:

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did better then us. We tried revisiting some sites we hit before we got out AT Pros and can't say we found anything new?
I've gotta say we pounded those sites and dug pretty much everything with our old detectors. Lol

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pro mode zero, iron discrimination at 40, worked wonders for me, good luck w your atpro, great machine

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I normally go back and hunt going in a different direction (i.e. 1st hunt was gridded east to west, 2nd hunt would be gridded north to south.. If that produces quality finds then I do the yard at a 45 degree angle. I use tennis balls when I grid a yard, when I get to one I use my detector to slide it to the direction I am going, this helps me stay in line and decreases the chance that I miss any spots.

I upgraded to the F75 with boost mode last fall, so I have to go over all the places I hunted last season with my F4 and run the F75 in BP mode to see if I left any DEEP targets behind. I don not expect to beat last years haul of $510 in face value, but I should find some deep quality keepers

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread