I found kangaroos in my last box of halves. Guess who I found in todays box.

DustDevilMarc

Feb 12, 2014
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found kangaroos in my last box of halves. Guess who I found in today's box.

In my previous box of half dollars I found a bunch of Australian one penny kangaroo coins (see post on August 2, 2014 at 5 PM). In today's box I found a 1940 Lady Liberty ...

photo 3-4.JPGphoto 1-4.JPG

Additionally, I found a 1971 s Kennedy proof coin ...

photo.JPGphoto 2-4.JPG

I also found eight Kennedy silver half dollars:
1 - 1964
1 - 1965
4 - 1967
1 - 1968
1 - 1969

This is a photo of all of the coins described above.

photo 4-4.JPG
Sorry - I could not figure out how to rotate the photo.

So far I have search about forty boxes of half dollar coins. I have not found a single 1970 Kennedy silver half dollar. Have you found any of these?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thats a good day. I went through 3 boxes and gave up after not finding anything.

My dad and I were going through 4 boxes last Wednesday when I was visiting for the week. He pulled a 1970 D, the second one we have found. No 1970 S yet.

Congrats on a great box! I've searched 120 half boxes so far this year and still no '70D yet for me this year or ever either. Maybe if and when I finally do ever find one I'll get lucky and find two in one box. Probably not but you just never know with this hobby.

H$H!

Ive probably searched 100 boxes over two years (Try to do a box a week) and I've found only 2 1970 kennedy half dollars

Found the 'S' 1st, and much later a 'D'. That out of nearly 200 boxes and dunno how many rolls of customer wrapped and loose. It's still out there so don't give u. Unless of course you want a 1909 VDB cent - they sent those to Mars. :icon_scratch:

Rascal

Ive searched probably 300-400 boxes n have yet to find a 1970, and have actually only found 1 walker

I have found 16 70D and 5 70S in over 6 years of CRH.

In my previous box of half dollars I found a bunch of Australian one penny kangaroo coins (see post on August 2, 2014 at 5 PM). In today's box I found a 1940 Lady Liberty ...

View attachment 1039305View attachment 1039303

Additionally, I found a 1971 s Kennedy proof coin ...

View attachment 1039302View attachment 1039304

I also found eight Kennedy silver half dollars:
1 - 1964
1 - 1965
4 - 1967
1 - 1968
1 - 1969

This is a photo of all of the coins described above.

View attachment 1039306
Sorry - I could not figure out how to rotate the photo.

So far I have search about forty boxes of half dollar coins. I have not found a single 1970 Kennedy silver half dollar. Have you found any of these?

:hello: Congrats on your 1st Walker. Also welcome to TNET & this hobby/obsession/addiction. If you have a gram scale, weigh the 65. The 40% weighs 11.5 grams. Some of the 65 coins were struck on 90% blanks which weigh 12.5 grams. They would be considered error coins. As far as the 1970 halfs; they were very low mintage with the D having lower mintage than the S & are hard to find. Since Dec 2010, I've gone thru some 750 boxes (750,000 coins) & have only found 1 70D. My 70S was found in a teller tray. Don't be discouraged if you don't find 1 quickly. The key to crh is perserverance.
HH
Gary

:hello: If you have a gram scale, weigh the 65. The 40% weighs 11.5 grams. Some of the 65 coins were struck on 90% blanks which weigh 12.5 grams. They would be considered error coins.
HH
Gary

Any suggestions for a decent gram scale? What should I look for? Or are they all the same?

Marc

Any suggestions for a decent gram scale? What should I look for? Or are they all the same?

Marc

I got one of the cheap electronic ones off ebay for less than $10. It works like a champ, and I've had it for at least 6 years with no issues. Just search on ebay for scales. Make sure it measures in tenths of a gram. Mine switches between grams, oz, and troy oz.

Numismaniac:

Thanks for the information. I'll see whats available and order a gram scale ASAP. By the way, this is the first thread that I have started to be viewed by more than 1,000 people. I'm jazzed. So cool.

Happy Hunting
Marc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back