I found my third silver coin today with my at pro since coming out of retirement

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its a 1959 rosie dime, I've read a lot of forums that say with the at pro deep silver vdi may bounce but the tone will be consistent, this will not always be the case. This dime was right at 7 inches and about an eighth inch from being on edge. The tone was inconsistent mid/high but clean sounding, the vdi bounced from 77 to 83. The dirt was nice and fine with good moisture and made for easy digging, also had good moisture

Upvote 0

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found seven silvers this year with the AT Pro. They've been from 4 to 8 inches. I've had some that would give me a tone and VDI in one swing direction but not in other directions. I've read here where this should not be the case, there should be at least a solid tone to confirm a silver in both directions. This may be an anomaly with the Pro I don't know but from here on out I will dig those iffy signals on a different direction swing that gives a solid tone w iffy or bouncing numbers. They have proven good targets. Could be due to a variable of things, GB, soil type, coin orientation and depth who knows. The At Pro is an awesome machine.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good Finds Fabbr!

Do you guys find with the At Pro, that it gives a false signal if you bump the coil against the ground, or a tree, or anything while you are swingin it? Mine does that.

OP
OP
F

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its better now that I secured the cable above the coil with some cloth electrical tape, a length of velcro strap would work too, one of the things that causes this is the coil 'seeing' the cable if it slightly moves when the coil is bumped, hope that helps, let us know.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
There are a number of threads about this (lose cable equals false alerts) - I user velcro straps every few inches all the way up the lower and upper stem. I think I paid a buck for a roll and cut off strips (enough to wrap around the stems). I prefer using velcro straps so I can swap between two coils.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
There are a number of threads about this (lose cable equals false alerts) - I user velcro straps every few inches all the way up the lower and upper stem. I think I paid a buck for a roll and cut off strips (enough to wrap around the stems). I prefer using velcro straps so I can swap between two coils.

OK, thanks guys!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread