I found one....or partially found one

drumking12

Apr 28, 2007
Hey guys,

I just want to say thanks for all the great tips in my other thread (Newbie in Austin). Last weekend one of my friends let me hunt his property just west of Waco here in Texas. I found what I believe are two incomplete points and a scraper. I will get pics and post them as soon as I can. Thanks again guys, it's such a great feeling. Although I'm not 100% sure, I'd say I'm 98% sure that they are indian artifacts.

Rick

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

drumking12

Apr 28, 2007
Here it is folks. The three on the right all look knapped on both sides. The second from the right is the one I think is most obvious. The third from the right looks like it could have been a point with the top and bottom broken off because of the way it is flaked. The far right one appears to be a scraper or a preform. It is knapped to an edge on one side and looks like it was attempted on the other side as well. The far left one is just a piece of flint that has a nice little geode inside it. Please let me know what yall think. Thanks,

Rick

Attachments

• IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 184

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Deffinately a good start, there are many more there. I would have kept everyone of them, you can be sure they are 100%. Get back there and find the Grand Daddy of points. Pictures please.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread