I found some bottles that look old...maybe? any help please

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
hello all

I did a forest metal dtecting hunt and pulled all of the bottles out that I found. I know bottles can be collector's items. These are the one's that I don't know if they are newer or not. Any help is appreciated. The one looks like maybe a milk bottle or vase. Enjoy the pictures and thank you for the comments.

Rumblebelly

Attachments

• P1011454.JPG
    P1011454.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 373

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Howdy, painted label sodas are typically 40's-50's-60's. They are becoming more collectable every day. The brown stubby bottle was a beer with a paper label, makes good target practice material. I would look for cans in this time period. Soda, beer and oil cans can be soaked in a mild acid overnight to take away a lot of the rust. Look for cans that have punch tops or conetops. These predate the pull tab and are early 60's back to the 30's. Some cans can bring good money depending on how rare they are and how well they clean up. Keep on digging. Daytondigger

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
right brown bottle is old style beer ;D

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
daytondigger, what kind of soulution are you talking about to clean the cans, i have a few i have recently dug i would like to clean up. i have a gollon of a acid we have left over from a tile job we had done awhile back. can you help with some instructions?
p.s. sorry to butt in the post rumblebelly, nice printed lable tho;)

T

TreasureTales

Nice painted label soda bottle. (Please don't use glass items for target practice.)

Here's a webpage about cleaning up beer cans. http://members.aol.com/mrbeercan/cleaning.html

I've got a couple cans I'd like to try cleaning, but don't like the idea of using acids - I like my fingers too much! ;) Hope somebody will try this and let me know how easy/safe it is. Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions