I found something today......need opinions please.

Huizer

Jan 27, 2005
Hi all, I was thinking today about my detector...White's XLT E series....this unit can be tweaked to no end but what I found is that my life just keeps getting busier and busier and when I can get out for a bit of hunting it is only for a short amount of time. I have tried tweaking the detector and different programs and stuff but I get a little frustrated with it and usually resort back to one of the preset programs. The problem with this is I have a great detector and I never use the features it offers. I am generally happy with that as I would rather be detecting than fiddling around in the field with a limited amount of time. SO, with that said...I thought of getting a detector that is more turn on and go with maybe a few preset programs. Know here is where I need some opinions.......Is the Minelab Quattro better than the XLT in preset programs?? I figure i could trade in my XLT and get a Quattro and have the best turn on and go detector. Maybe I feel that because I never use the features on the XLT I would be better off turning the money I spent on it into a better turn on and go detector. Simple. I like it easy....I spend all day in an office dreaming to get outside and when I do, I would like to be stress free. Just to relax and enjoy myself. So what do you think???

Thanks, Dan.

Admin, You can move this post if you want.....I just wanted to get as much public opinions as I could. Thanks.

goodmore

Nov 12, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX / XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Minelab Quattro has settings to tweak. But it is nothing like the XLT. The Quattro also has a label on it to be known as a slow recovery unit. It was replaced by the Safari a much better unit. But if you are into swinging slow and relaxing the Quattro is also easier on the wallet.

Coinstriking Michigan

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2011
Gladstone, MI
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900 Di Pro Sl and Whites Eagle Spectrum Fisher Coinstrike Fisher F70 Whites M6 Garrett 1500 Tesoro Cibola
Whites XLT Minelab Quattro Minelab Xterra 50 Fisher Id Edge
Tekentics Omega 8000 Whi
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a Quattro and you have to swing it slow as molasses because the recovery speed is so bad. Even then you can't swing it slow enough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread