Whites Prizm II or Garrett Ace 250

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
I dont want to start a war but..............I would spend about $50 more & get the Prizm3! I have an Ace250 & a Prizm3 & prefer the later. I have since moved up to a White QuantumXT pro & gave the girlfreind a choice of the two & she likes the Prizm better too! You might want to wait, save just a little more & keep your eyes on the CLASSIFIED section of this site, Ive seen some real good deals on much better equipment than either Ace or Prizms. Just my oppinion.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Mighty AP said:
I dont want to start a war but..............I would spend about $50 more & get the Prizm3! I have an Ace250 & a Prizm3 & prefer the later. I have since moved up to a White QuantumXT pro & gave the girlfreind a choice of the two & she likes the Prizm better too! You might want to wait, save just a little more & keep your eyes on the CLASSIFIED section of this site, Ive seen some real good deals on much better equipment than either Ace or Prizms. Just my oppinion.

AP, no war, but I am curious... What makes you like the III better than the 250?
I recently had a II and got rid of it because I just felt the 250 was a better, more rounded machine. The only difference between the II and III is the depth indicator, and the $100 price difference.

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
The 3 was my first machine, I found lots of clad with that thing, learned it well. The 250 is much heavier & doesnt pinpoint as well. And the tones from the 250 drive me nuts! Sounds like a friggin ice cream truck!!! Now I admit that I havent used the 250 much, havent put the time in to learn its positives & negatives, & my preference may be a bit biased but I dont understand what all the buzz is about with the 250. Im sure it is adequate & has a nice price but I would use my Prizm over the Ace everytime. Im giving the 250 to my Dad for fathers day so I am going to make him use the Prizm after about 6 months to see what he thinks. Im sure he will prefer the 250! lol

H

HepCat

I chose the Ace250 and am glad to hear all the positive feedback about it!!
Stoked!Can't wait! ;D 8)

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Mighty AP said:
The 3 was my first machine, I found lots of clad with that thing, learned it well. The 250 is much heavier & doesnt pinpoint as well. And the tones from the 250 drive me nuts! Sounds like a friggin ice cream truck!!! Now I admit that I havent used the 250 much, havent put the time in to learn its positives & negatives, & my preference may be a bit biased but I dont understand what all the buzz is about with the 250. Im sure it is adequate & has a nice price but I would use my Prizm over the Ace everytime. Im giving the 250 to my Dad for fathers day so I am going to make him use the Prizm after about 6 months to see what he thinks. Im sure he will prefer the 250! lol

That makes total sense to me... Much why I don't mind the cheapos. I started out with an old BH, and still have a somewhat soft spot for them. I know when I first started on this site, their was some real elitist that believed if it didn't cost $600 or more, than you were a moron and didn't deserve to be breathing their air...

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:

Wow, how light is the white's machine you are speaking of? The Ace250 is like swinging a pencil out in front of you... I can hardly even feel it in my hand.

But I must agree with the comment on the sounds... I am not a big fan of the ding ding ding ding you get from it. They could have easily changed that and made it a better machine in my opinion.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread